PDA

View Full Version : Black Lives Seemingly Don’t Matter In Chicago

Darryl
06-09-2020, 07:51 AM
Where are the idiots LeBron, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/crime/2020/6/8/21281998/chicago-violence-murder-history-homicide-police-crime

Darryl

UKHistory
06-09-2020, 11:16 AM
That is a good point. That doesn't excuse George Floyd's murder but the violence within the African American community on one another is tragic. Those who can speak out against it and work to correct the ills in that community should do so.

Catonahottinroof
06-09-2020, 12:03 PM
That is one reason part of the current situation rings hollow....

That is a good point. That doesn't excuse George Floyd's murder but the violence within the African American community on one another is tragic. Those who can speak out against it and work to correct the ills in that community should do so.

Doc
06-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Me, I lost interest when it became about burning and pillaging. Add the calls for violence on police that BLM advocates, and I have no sympathy what so ever.

That does not mean that I support police brutality to anybody. I don't. I just don't have a greater, or lower, concern when it is targeted towards African Americans (and why is it racist when I say "black" but not when its "black lives matter"?) I had the same level of anger when it was Tony Timpa (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tony-timpa-disturbing-video-shows-dallas-officers-joking-as-they-restrain-man-who-died/) as I did when it was George Floyd

CitizenBBN
06-09-2020, 02:05 PM

There's no political hay to be made by addressing that problem, despite the fact that it's the most massive gorilla in a room of other gorillas. No one will get more funding, no one will get more media play, no one will buy more of their shoes, etc.

KeithKSR
06-09-2020, 05:05 PM
There's no political hay to be made by addressing that problem, despite the fact that it's the most massive gorilla in a room of other gorillas. No one will get more funding, no one will get more media play, no one will buy more of their shoes, etc.

Translation, it doesn’t create the division the left seeks.