PDA

View Full Version : My elderly Uncle...

kingcat
06-03-2020, 05:42 PM
was a victim of attempted murder..this has made us all sick. It was his daughter (my cousin) and a drug addict. It is my Dads younger brother Russell. Prayers and positive thoughts for him would be much appreciated.
Happened Monday and he is in serious condition at U of L hospital.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/woman-accused-of-attacking-father-with-hatchet-in-meade-county-home/article_e47ef968-a4e5-11ea-a4dc-cf8f20539081.html?fbclid=IwAR1GMgyg5ebTaHZZ4u88Cj-qHr1VlXWUQsi90o2uoqMm1f-jhTdNGsUQNZU

He had a major heart attack and open heart surgery around four month is ago.. He survived Bone cancer and two bouts of
stage four N.H. lymphoma. He stopped his own treatment and was declared terminal.
The last treatment was fifteen years ago His doctors still call him a walking miracle and have stood Russell in front of a waiting room full of cancer patients to raise their hopes.

A life full of physical ailment and multiple severe injury but he toughed it all out..and now this.

BigBluePappy
06-03-2020, 05:57 PM
Prayers for your Uncle and your family as you all try to heal from this.

blueboss
06-03-2020, 06:13 PM
God bless you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSRdallen
06-03-2020, 07:35 PM
Very sorry, Dave. Thoughts and prayers are with your uncle and your family. God Bless.

UKHistory
06-03-2020, 07:51 PM
I am so sorry. My prayers to your uncle. I can’t imagine how horrible. I know the drive. Wow.

Darrell KSR
06-03-2020, 09:03 PM
Wow. So sorry your Uncle and the family has to go through that. Prayers for your Uncle's recovery, he sounds like an amazing man.

-No Signature Harmed During the Posting of this Comment-

MickintheHam
06-03-2020, 11:51 PM
God bless him!

CitizenBBN
06-04-2020, 12:07 AM
Wow, how awful.

Police say the man never lost consciousness during the attack, despite considerable blood loss, and was able to drive himself 30 minutes to Hardin County Memorial Hospital for treatment.

I have to say, this one tough, impressive individual. With all he's survived, and just had open heart surgery, and then managed to save his own life? God bless the man for what he has endured.

kingcat
06-04-2020, 12:48 AM
Thanks and God Bless you all. He would certainly appreciate the kind words.

He is a tough old bird at that. We heard a while ago that after several surgeries he should be coming home in a couple of days to stay with his other daughter. Still very weak but nothing life threatening from the actual cuts themselves.

She is a good girl and he will be well cared for.

CitizenBBN
06-04-2020, 12:57 AM
Really glad he's getting to go home. the trauma of the attack will likely be worse than his injuries at this point. Glad he's going somewhere that may help him to cope.

kingcat
06-04-2020, 11:33 AM
Really glad he's getting to go home. the trauma of the attack will likely be worse than his injuries at this point. Glad he's going somewhere that may help him to cope.

He has pretty severe short term memory loss. That maybe a positive related to this event.