PDA

View Full Version : What you learn during a Pandemic

MickintheHam
05-08-2020, 08:18 PM
If there is one positive thing that has come from the pandemic, it is meeting your neighbors. Our neighborhood has a lot of walkers and joggers and most are extremely friendly. There is one guy though that stands out from all others. He is a long haired bearded guy who takes very long walks. He wears a long trench coat, large wide brimmed hat, and carries a walking stick over 6 feet long. He walks long distances. He doesn’t drive.

Well, today the mystery was solved as I learned who he was. He evidently was one of thousands who moved here after Katrina and runs his business out of his home. My Louisiana friends introduced me to his products ages ago and they are excellent. Had no idea he lived in alaBama, much less around the corner.

http://www.colonelpaul.com/personality.htm

Catonahottinroof
05-08-2020, 09:28 PM
My pandemic doings....

In my condo complex here in Naples, I’ve been introduced to neighbors from every NE state between Pennsylvania and Maine. They are enamored with how I speak lol.....and I’m working on learning French on Duolingo....

MickintheHam
05-09-2020, 01:39 PM
You have an accent? I never would have guessed you don’t type with one.

Doc
05-09-2020, 02:27 PM
What did I learn? The value of toilet paper

Catonahottinroof
05-09-2020, 05:37 PM
Katrina sent a lot of people North. For a long while Chappy’s on Church was in Nashville due to Katrina. Dinner was fab there.

blueboss
05-09-2020, 06:46 PM
Ive learned how well we’ve had it here in the US. We used to be able to go anywhere, do anything at whatever time we wanted. There is really nothing within reason that we couldn’t get whenever we wanted it, including medical, dental, vision services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingcat
05-09-2020, 07:57 PM
I've learned just how lucky I have been having nine Aunts and Uncles still with me, all at or over the age of eighty. Also my Mother who is 83.

I did lose one uncle recently however. It's now suspected it was due to covid19..at the time listed as an unknown virus which caused aspiration.

Darrell KSR
05-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Very cool, Mick.