PDA

View Full Version : Its official, this country is being ruled by a bunch of thin skinned morons

Doc
05-08-2020, 07:03 AM
"Chinese Flu" is hate speech? (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ted-cruz-slams-san-antonio-plan-declaring-chinese-virus-to-be-hate-speech-this-is-nuts)

IMO this is all about Trump using the term. Seems Ebola wasn't an issue. What about "White Privilege"? So which part is offensive, the "Chinese" or the "Flu"? But even if you wanted to call it the "HONG KONG FLU-IE", so what

https://ctl.s6img.com/society6/img/o9y_cpEjYEUYwZ9nm5FTW66cgQU/w_700/canvas/~artwork/s6-original-art-uploads/society6/uploads/misc/7fc129be33b44a7dbf62a4d499d410be/~~/hong-kong-phooey-canvas.jpg?wait=0&attempt=0
one of my all time favorite cartoons as a kid....must have been racist from birth

Personally I never got the whole "hate speech" or "hate crime" thing. I mean killing somebody is bad but if you kill them because they are gay why is it worse? Either way, somebody is dead but killing them to steal their money isn't as bad as killing them because of their race, religion, sexual orientation?

StuBleedsBlue2
05-08-2020, 11:45 AM
Man, no doubt.

Those in charge are thin-skinned morons. I've never seen a President react SO negatively to the slightest criticism, accept responsibility, or even do something so easy as to just simply wear a mask because of how he may look. You can't ask the guy a serious question with him throwing a temper tantrum. Now he won't even allow the task force to speak, threatened to disband it, because he can't take criticism.

I LOVE the video clip of Mike Pence carrying empty boxes of PPE equipment. Empty boxes, empty brain.

Now that both "leaders" are one degree of separation away from the virus, we're going to see how tough they really are, which is not at all. We've never had two more thin-skinned babies, pansies, "ruling" our nation than we do now.

CitizenBBN
05-08-2020, 05:43 PM
Oh Trump is childish as hell. Do you think even his supporters don't now that already?

What's the excuse of the snowflakes out there who can only see the world in terms of identity politics?

As for being tough about the virus, I assure you a lot of Americans, I hope a majority, aren't afraid of it. Want to be responsible and not pass it on, and don't want it, but aren't so weak as to cower from it. You'd think it was a zombie bite the way some people act about it. We want to protect at risk people, but we want to protect them from lots of things. You face it and go on.

Darryl
05-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Oh Trump is childish as hell. Do you think even his supporters don't now that already?

What's the excuse of the snowflakes out there who can only see the world in terms of identity politics?

As for being tough about the virus, I assure you a lot of Americans, I hope a majority, aren't afraid of it. Want to be responsible and not pass it on, and don't want it, but aren't so weak as to cower from it. You'd think it was a zombie bite the way some people act about it. We want to protect at risk people, but we want to protect them from lots of things. You face it and go on.

I love Stu saying Trump reacts to the “slightest criticism”. Is 24 hour a day/95% negative overage “slightest”?

Liberals trying to illegally take down a duly elected President is not normal. Assholes should all be in jail.

Darryl

UKHistory
05-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Doc,

I agree with your take on hate speech. I guess the reason why hate crime seems to exist is because black folks were killed through the years like duck season and rabbit season. And nobody went to jail.

That is the thinking. My thought is enforce the law. Increase prison sentences to the level of hate crime sentences. Treat folks right. Treat folks equal.

But I agree with the sentiment

kingcat
05-08-2020, 07:12 PM
I generally agree on the thin skinned thing.

Saying Chinese Flu means nothing to me..if it were a flu. :) But if I were a man, woman, or child of Chinese descent I may find it hurtful. I have an adopted cousin who is full blooded Chinese and a real darling. I know I'd be embarrassed to hear that term used in front of her...but what that means I'm not certain.
Fwiw, the China flu not so much.
She is young (10 or 11) but very smart and keenly aware of her Chinese heritage.
Although she was adopted as a baby.

I guess if there is intent there to degrade an entire people, culture and their history it is wrong and should usually be called out in any serious conversation. And one can usually tell.
In parody, comedy or the like, also not so much.