PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be Ex-Senator Jones wants to build a wall

MickintheHam
05-02-2020, 12:20 AM
between Georgia and Alabama. Keep good alaBamians from going to Georgia to eat dinner. I had reasonable hope for this senator when he was first elected. He prosecuted the bombers in the 16th St. Baptist Church case. As a former Federal prosecutor, he didn't appear to be a political opportunist. He showed promise that he might be bi-partisan. Alas, he has proven to be another political hack. He believed the Ford woman who concocted the lies about Kavenaugh. He has supported open borders. At some point you have to reflect the views of people who elected you. He won on crossover votes from people who couldn't swallow voting for Judge Roy. He now thinks because incumbents usually win, he can do as he pleases. Looks like Alabama will put a former football coach in the Senate.

https://www.al.com/coronavirus/2020/04/sen-doug-jones-urges-alabamians-not-to-go-to-georgia.html

Doc
05-02-2020, 06:26 AM
For consistency, his wall statement was sarcastic. However his stance is typical of a politician and hypocrisy typical of a democrat. For open boarders nationally but against them intranationally..that makes no sense.

CitizenBBN
05-02-2020, 08:00 PM
He needs to lose. GOP is defending a ton of Senate seats this election, flipping one to the GOP will really help.

KeithKSR
05-02-2020, 10:28 PM
He needs to lose. GOP is defending a ton of Senate seats this election, flipping one to the GOP will really help.

I can’t imagine him being able to hold that seat.

MickintheHam
05-03-2020, 01:18 AM
I can’t imagine him being able to hold that seat.

Tuberville should get about 60% percent of the vote. Sessions if he should win the runoff with Tuberville might run a bit stronger.

CitizenBBN
05-03-2020, 04:17 PM
Tuberville should get about 60% percent of the vote. Sessions if he should win the runoff with Tuberville might run a bit stronger.

Given that Sessions was maybe the worst AD other than Eric Holder in the last 25 or more years I'm going to pull for Tubberville, and I have no idea what his positions are on anything.

But Sessions wanted to strongly increase civil asset forfeiture, which is a fancy way of saying grossly unconstitutional seizure of people's property without any kind of due process or recourse, and that alone disqualifies him from any public position of authority down to dogcatcher.

His handling of the DOJ was abysmal, he had the spine of a jellyfish, and accomplished nothing at all.

I presume he's running for Senate b/c he's not qualified to actually do any kind of constructive work.

UKHistory
05-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Citizen agree 100% on Sessions. Civil forfeiture is the 21st century version of Britain’s treatment of the colonists.

It is a dangerous tactic that government is using.

We have to fix that