PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden, a man of action compared to Trump who just talks the game

Doc
04-30-2020, 09:20 AM
We all recall Trumps "Grab them by the #####" comment. Those were words.
Meanwhile, Biden, a man of actions, actually does it. More proof that Trump is a blow hard.... or maybe it was sort of like the "drink fish tank cleaner or clorox".... you know, Trump suggests it so others do it. Yeah, that is the ticket "BLAME TRUMP" :lmao:

As if we don't need any more evidence.... but apparently the Tara Reid case is now "INACTIVE" (link (https://www.lifenews.com/2020/04/29/police-change-tara-reades-sexual-assault-complaint-from-active-to-inactive-after-democrats-defend-biden/?fbclid=IwAR1IVs7zGcvF3ZAAA6I7XULxvPE2jEVY1kb7IZnf lcVmBoy4Ys6kvAm5Sag)). Now I read the article and it implies the status was changed on Wednesday but it does not actually state that was the date.

I would love to see Joe hauled in for an investigation although the GOP does not have the stones to do it. Difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats are ruthless while the GOP tends to be passive wimps. Biden has the potential to be the President and this needs to be fully vetted. I won't assume guilt (the above was in jest), and in fact give him the benefit of the doubt. But is it shocking and entertaining to me to see the Democrats who were so quick to convict a teenaged Bret Kavanugh of sexual assault based on nothing more than an accusation yet are endorsing Biden who is accused as an ADULT and a sitting member of Congress. Does being a politician make you creepy or does politics attract the creepy..... or is it just a power thing? Heck, I owned my own business and had all the power I needed but it NEVER occurred to me grab an employee by the crotch, etc..... I would not even date one (if I was single...currently my wife would be pretty mad if I tried to date one). But the disappearing complaint is bothersome (apparently she made a formal complaint in 1993 which nobody can find) as is the sudden closing (again, assuming the media accounts are correct).

ukpumacat
04-30-2020, 09:56 AM
I agree. It should be vetted and the Dems asked for this after the Kavanaugh hearings.
Biden is getting a gift with this happening now. Nobody is paying attention to it except those who watch Fox News and they aren’t voting for him anyways.

dan_bgblue
04-30-2020, 10:49 AM
Nobody is paying attention to it except those who watch Fox News

Wonder why that is the case. Actually I do not wonder as CNN had to be drug kicking and screaming to print a quarter page blurb about it and then let it drop.

dan_bgblue
04-30-2020, 10:56 AM
Nancy thinks it is OK that Joe has not responded to the claims himself but handed the job off to his aides. The party heads are probably scared stiff thinking about Joe responding to questions himself devoid of a prepared comment on a teleprompter.

https://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelosi-satisfied-how-joe-biden-responded-tara-reade-sexual-assault-allegation-1501227

Doc
04-30-2020, 11:20 AM
I agree. It should be vetted and the Dems asked for this after the Kavanaugh hearings.
Biden is getting a gift with this happening now. Nobody is paying attention to it except those who watch Fox News and they aren’t voting for him anyways.

Being accused of Sexual assault is never a gift. More will be paying attention as it gets closer to the election... and look for republicans to take advantage of it.

Doc
04-30-2020, 11:21 AM
Wonder why that is the case. Actually I do not wonder as CNN had to be drug kicking and screaming to print a quarter page blurb about it and then let it drop.

They are more interested in reporting on how Trump TOLD people to drink bleach.

ukpumacat
04-30-2020, 11:38 AM

Yes, exactly. Its just not really being talked about most places. But the point isn't the media, its the people. People have WAY more to be concerned with right now and no matter how valid this story is or not...people just won't care right now.

ukpumacat
04-30-2020, 11:40 AM
Being accused of Sexual assault is never a gift. More will be paying attention as it gets closer to the election... and look for republicans to take advantage of it.

The timing of the reporting is the gift. People are distracted. People care about their own lives right now. And if/when it comes up two months from now it will be dismissed as "old news".
Trust me, I would love nothing more than for him to pick a running mate (that I prefer), get the nomination officially, and then step down before the election and allow the running mate to run instead. That's like a best case scenario to me. Ha

Doc
04-30-2020, 12:17 PM
The timing of the reporting is the gift. People are distracted. People care about their own lives right now. And if/when it comes up two months from now it will be dismissed as "old news".
Trust me, I would love nothing more than for him to pick a running mate (that I prefer), get the nomination officially, and then step down before the election and allow the running mate to run instead. That's like a best case scenario to me. Ha

Trump's surrogates will keep it in the news, be that Fox News, his campaign, or the superPAC's who make commercials.

Catonahottinroof
04-30-2020, 03:37 PM
To me this is just a wash between the 2 candidates. Trump has made some off the cuff comments and paid some large sums of money for non-disclosure agreements. Joe’s behavior is out in the open and on video. Tit for tat......

CitizenBBN
04-30-2020, 06:56 PM
To me this is just a wash between the 2 candidates. Trump has made some off the cuff comments and paid some large sums of money for non-disclosure agreements. Joe’s behavior is out in the open and on video. Tit for tat......

It is for more pro trump people, who got over his misogynistic comments and such early on, but it is more problematic if you're a woke #metoo liberal IMO.

It's like Nancy's ice cream thing. One response I've seen is that Trump is rich too so big deal. True, but Trump doesn't go around pleading about "the rich" need to "pay their fair share" and how that money needs to go to the poor and oppressed. If a conservative shows his wealth that's not hypocritical as wealth isn't evil, but if you are a liberal telling everyone how we need to tax the snot out of the fat cats to help the poor while you eat $40/gallon ice cream from $50,000 worth of refrigerators, that's a problem, and one for which Marie Antoinette is a great analogy.

Biden is running as a woke #metoo candidate, going to pick a woman running mate, etc. The fact that he may have just grabbed some girl and hand raped her is more of a big deal to that group of voters IMO than Trump talking about grabbing a girl's crotch.

it's the same in terms of action, but I think Biden's needed voters will care more. Most will just pretend they didn't hear it or that it's nothing, like with Clinton, but some, mostly Bernie backers, may be impacted.