PDA

View Full Version : On Sports Board, I Read Posts Bragging On Kyle Tucker’s Work/Employer

Darryl
04-24-2020, 08:49 PM
I venture over to his Twitter occasionally for a contrarian view. He is as tolerant as George Wallace was back in the 1960s; he despises conservatives and anyone who disagrees with him. Not above calling people names at all.

I read around and am a member of several sites. One never knows for sure but EVERYONE that admits knowing Tucker simply cannot stand him.

I know The Athletic employs Dana O’Neal and Seth Davis along with Tucker. I suspect I will hold off subscribing and maybe donate some money to Pat Forde’s 401K

Darryl

dan_bgblue
04-25-2020, 09:02 AM
The work he does reporting on all things UK is outstanding and that is why I subscribe to the Athletic. I do not read his twitter stuff and honestly do not care if he thinks Nancy should run for President. I am only interested in his sports reporting.

Darryl
04-25-2020, 09:58 AM
The work he does reporting on all things UK is outstanding and that is why I subscribe to the Athletic. I do not read his twitter stuff and honestly do not care if he thinks Nancy should run for President. I am only interested in his sports reporting.

Who he wants for President is his business; he is an absolute asshole to everyone that disagrees with him.

Darryl

Catonahottinroof
04-25-2020, 10:31 AM
Typical of people who think their opinions mean more than yours.
Who he wants for President is his business; he is an absolute asshole o everyone that disagrees with him.

Darryl

dan_bgblue
04-25-2020, 11:44 AM
Who he wants for President is his business; he is an absolute asshole to everyone that disagrees with him.

Darryl

I just read his reporting on the Cats and find him to be fair, very well written, and thorough. I do not look to engage him in conversation. If I were seeking that, I would probably have the same reaction to him as many others do.

I am too old fashioned. I remember the days of getting all my info via the newspaper and some from magazines. If there was a writer like Thamel or Forde that put articles in these publications, I just ignored them. I never tried to engage them in conversation. If there was someone like that on KSR I would just put them on ignore or try to get Darrell to ban them from the board.

KSRBEvans
04-25-2020, 01:49 PM
I've followed and unfollowed Kyle a gazillion times. I currently follow him but have him muted and on a college basketball list I keep so it doesn't get in my regular Twitter feed. I really like his sports coverage but dislike how he'll mix in politics too often for my taste. Regardless of a writer's political persuasion, I just don't like mixing sports and politics if possible.

bigsky
04-25-2020, 05:09 PM
He is a complete jerk on his political twitter posts. Stronger words are warranted.

MickintheHam
04-30-2020, 12:07 AM

The quality of his work has fallen off considerably over the last 2-3 years.

Bakert
04-30-2020, 09:00 AM
he is an absolute asshole to everyone that disagrees with him.

Darryl

If that makes him a bad guy... :)

KSRBEvans
08-13-2020, 01:29 PM
I've followed and unfollowed Kyle a gazillion times. I currently follow him but have him muted and on a college basketball list I keep so it doesn't get in my regular Twitter feed. I really like his sports coverage but dislike how he'll mix in politics too often for my taste. Regardless of a writer's political persuasion, I just don't like mixing sports and politics if possible.

...and I just unfollowed/delisted him again.

It's funny-I've gone back and forth on following/unfollowing him more than anyone else. If he has something worth reading I'll just wait for someone I follow to retweet him, I guess.

ETWNAPPEL
08-13-2020, 07:39 PM
...and I just unfollowed/delisted him again.

It's funny-I've gone back and forth on following/unfollowing him more than anyone else. If he has something worth reading I'll just wait for someone I follow to retweet him, I guess.

I unfollowed twitter. Liberating

KSRBEvans
08-14-2020, 07:52 AM

I'm tempted. I did a major unfollowing of a lot of accounts last summer and that helped. There are still some accounts on there I like.

KeithKSR
08-14-2020, 07:55 AM

I rarely check mine, and don’t miss it.

Doc
08-14-2020, 05:44 PM
I check my twitter once every 2-3 years. Only have it for press credentail applications