PDA

View Full Version : OT: Kentucky Kingdom Opening

Terry Blue
04-20-2020, 03:16 PM
In June. I think more and more businesses are going to open ready or not. You can only tie down free people for so long

Bakert
04-20-2020, 03:46 PM
Actually, you can tie them down forever once they have died.

anderwt
04-20-2020, 04:06 PM
I’ve gotten to a point where I’m really starting to think that there people in America who doesn’t want the USA to ever open back up

Patrick541
04-20-2020, 04:21 PM
I’ve gotten to a point where I’m really starting to think that there people in America who doesn’t want the USA to ever open back up

What would motivate them to want that?

UKinLA
04-20-2020, 04:25 PM
So we're around day 35 or so from various shelter in places around the nation and that means we'll "never" open back up? Wow... Just over a month isn't really that long. People are losing perspective in a big way.

kingcat
04-20-2020, 04:30 PM
What is even more concerning is the thought that, if we were to ever fight a weaponized war on our own shores that inconveniences us, some might call for surrender in a month.
;)

Neither is remotely true..and this certainly is a war to save as many lives as possible, and to spare our medical resources and healthcare workers who chose to fight on the front lines.

And each of us has a finger in the dyke hoping and waiting for a treatment and a vaccine, which may save our loved ones. I'd hate to pull my finger out, and see a loved one die just before there was a breakthrough....just to ride a roller coaster.

We all want normalcy as soon as possible and for history to remember us as a noble and decent people.

I understand that's not what the thread is meant to be about. But in a deeper, more personal sense, it is.

Bakert
04-20-2020, 04:48 PM
What is even more concerning is the thought that, if we were to ever fight a weaponized war on our own shores that inconveniences us, some might call for surrender in a month.
;)

Neither is remotely true..and this certainly is a war to save as many lives as possible, and to spare our medical resources and healthcare workers who chose to fight on the front lines.

And each of us has a finger in the dyke hoping and waiting for a treatment and a vaccine, which may save our loved ones. I'd hate to pull my finger out, and see a loved one die just before there was a breakthrough....just to ride a roller coaster.

We all want normalcy as soon as possible and for history to remember us as a noble and decent people.

I understand that's not what the thread is meant to be about. But in a deeper, more personal sense, it is.

Well said.

TRUCKERCATFAN
04-20-2020, 05:19 PM
I understand the need to slow the spread of Covid-19 but at some point the cure is becoming worse the the problem. At the rate we are going, more people will die from poverty than Covid-19.

UKinLA
04-20-2020, 05:36 PM
I understand the need to slow the spread of Covid-19 but at some point the cure is becoming worse the the problem. At the rate we are going, more people will die from poverty than Covid-19.

Again, way over the top. Trumpeting a simplistic rallying cry does nothing to move any of this forward. The faster a vaccine can be developed and distributed the better for both overall health and the economy. That's where our hand wringing can be better aimed. The world's brightest scientific minds are on the case. Sure, it sucks that we aren't those minds and we don't have the knowledge to put in hours and hours every day to fight towards that cure so we have to be patient while they bust their butts. There's no reason for them to drag their feet with this. Unfortunately, time passes and people die in the interim from this pandemic and many of our bank accounts suffer. The media would love a good death by poverty story if there was one wouldn't you think? This talking point by those who are pressing to return to "normal" right now this instant regardless of how many more deaths by virus spread it could cause based on science and mathematics is emotional at best.

dan_bgblue
04-20-2020, 05:40 PM
;)

When I get my 9mm and the Charles Daly shotgun to go along with the 30-30, the Mosberg shotgun, and the dynamite, I believe I could give us a fighting chance. :sFl_america2:

TRUCKERCATFAN
04-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Again, way over the top. Trumpeting a simplistic rallying cry does nothing to move any of this forward. The faster a vaccine can be developed and distributed the better for both overall health and the economy. That's where our hand wringing can be better aimed. The world's brightest scientific minds are on the case. Sure, it sucks that we aren't those minds and we don't have the knowledge to put in hours and hours every day to fight towards that cure so we have to be patient while they bust their butts. There's no reason for them to drag their feet with this. Unfortunately, time passes and people die in the interim from this pandemic and many of our bank accounts suffer. The media would love a good death by poverty story if there was one wouldn't you think? This talking point by those who are pressing to return to "normal" right now this instant regardless of how many more deaths by virus spread it could cause based on science and mathematics is emotional at best.

When people start losing everything they have and can’t even afford to feed their families, you’ll see the real desperation and devastation this will cause. Call it over the top or whatever else you want.

UKinLA
04-20-2020, 05:47 PM
When people start losing everything they have and can’t even afford to feed their families, you’ll see the real desperation and devastation this will cause. Call it over the top or whatever else you want.

Well, we're seeing plenty of people dead or grieving right now in actuality, not supposition, and the shelter in place has at least slowed the virus to more of a crawl than the complete devastation like what we've seen in New York state and surrounding areas which were soft upon onset. I'll take stopping actual deaths but I'll agree to disagree with you. Doubtful there'd be a middle ground.

Bakert
04-20-2020, 06:34 PM
I remember when Jurassic Park reopened too soon...

:)

Bakert
04-20-2020, 06:48 PM
Gov of GA just announed that on Friday they will allow people to go to gyms and get haircuts, pedicures, massages and tattoos. Next Monday, they can dine in restaurants and go to the movies.

In SC today they opened shops ranging from department stores and flea markets.

In TN the stay-at-home order expires on April 30 with most things opening on May 1.

I just hope they keep their coronavirus carrying butts out of AL!!! :)

Seriously, I hope they open and that in every place that's open it's like Black Friday and not a single person gets sick. But I am afraid that will not be the case.

kingcat
04-20-2020, 07:06 PM
When I get my 9mm and the Charles Daly shotgun to go along with the 30-30, the Mosberg shotgun, and the dynamite, I believe I could give us a fighting chance. :sFl_america2:

Then Im hangin' with you Dan.
:matrix: