PDA

View Full Version : Alabama is Oopen for business!!

MickintheHam
04-17-2020, 11:41 AM
....no later than May 1. WooHoo! News conference by the governor will begin shortly.

Three phase implementation. Inside seating at bars and restaurants if you maintain 6 feet of separation. I can’t imagine crowds at Avondale Brewery and Good People...ales from the Heart of Dixie. Can’t wait to get a snakehandler!

Doc
04-18-2020, 10:53 AM
In FL we are opening boat ramps and the beaches. However boats will be under a 50 foot social distancing requirement. No joke.....apparently on land 6 feet is enough but on the high seas its 50 feet. Guess science has show that coronavirus can swim better than it can walk.

Bakert
04-20-2020, 06:50 PM
Gov of GA just announed that on Friday they will allow people to go to gyms and get haircuts, pedicures, massages and tattoos. Next Monday, they can dine in restaurants and go to the movies.

In SC today they opened shops ranging from department stores and flea markets.

In TN the stay-at-home order expires on April 30 with most things opening on May 1.

I just hope they keep their coronavirus carrying butts out of AL!!! :)

Seriously, I hope they open and that in every place that's open it's like Black Friday and not a single person gets sick. But I am afraid that will not be the case.

Bakert
04-20-2020, 06:50 PM
....no later than May 1. WooHoo! News conference by the governor will begin shortly.

Three phase implementation. Inside seating at bars and restaurants if you maintain 6 feet of separation. I can’t imagine crowds at Avondale Brewery and Good People...ales from the Heart of Dixie. Can’t wait to get a snakehandler!

Mick, was this true or just a late April Fool's joke?

MickintheHam
04-21-2020, 03:57 AM
Mick, was this true or just a late April Fool's joke?

Need to correct. LT. gov announced committee recommendations and implied the governor was ready to announce lifting. Apparently she was, but it is now a political football as she and Tuberville want to put their own stamp on it. Ma Ivy is worried about giving too much credit to the Lt. Gov. She is getting a lot of pressure to go ahead and announce....and will. Protests are planned for today. She wants no part of that.

Bakert
04-21-2020, 10:47 AM
Need to correct. LT. gov announced committee recommendations and implied the governor was ready to announce lifting. Apparently she was, but it is now a political football as she and Tuberville want to put their own stamp on it. Ma Ivy is worried about giving too much credit to the Lt. Gov. She is getting a lot of pressure to go ahead and announce....and will. Protests are planned for today. She wants no part of that.

Thanks!! I know that like me, you will soon be needing a haircut. :)

MickintheHam
04-21-2020, 11:07 AM
I had you down for getting your nails done first!

Bakert
04-21-2020, 01:07 PM
I had you down for getting your nails done first!

I go to a combo haircut/manicure place.

Just saw that Ivey announced we will stay "closed" until at least April 30.

MickintheHam
04-21-2020, 03:37 PM
I don’t believe much of what she says. She said she was going to meet with the Congressional delegation. They will lean on her hard.

kingcat
04-21-2020, 04:53 PM
I would think Kentucky can begin to open up in two to three weeks.

Probably the latter, but our testing capacity has really increased and it appears we may have arrived at a plateau. We'll know in a few days.