PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Father Ray Dunmyer... In Shelby Baptist Hospital

Darrell KSR
03-25-2020, 06:19 PM
Long-time priest at OLV where my kids went to school, and a great person. He visited with me and the kids I coached at many ballgames, always at the school plays, and just a wonderful human. A friend to all, regardless of religion, as well. Had been at St. Thomas in Montevallo the last few years.

He was resting at home after being diagnosed with Covid-19, and thought he would be ok and was going to ride out a 14-day quarantine. Began experiencing respiratory distress, called 911 and rushed to the hospital by ambulance.

Darryl, keep an eye on him for us. That's your hospital, I believe. He's a really good man.

I know Mick knows him. Monsignor replaced him at OLV, and we got one good man replacing another, but I know Fr. Ray pretty well. Saw him a few weeks ago when he returned for the funeral of Kelsi Hobbs' mother (the Samford volleyball player). I am scared for him. He's probably early 70s, but looks younger and was in good health.

EDIT... UPDATE... GOOD NEWS. already discharged from the hospital. Primarily dehydrated.