PDA

View Full Version : How much toilet paper do you currently have?

Doc
03-18-2020, 03:25 PM
Rolls per bathroom?

Spent my morning on a TP safari. Came home "empty handed"

KSRBEvans
03-18-2020, 03:29 PM
I was out shopping Saturday night and our local Trader Joes was restocking. We were actually down to like 6 rolls in our 4 bathroom house--I asked the worker if it was OK to take 2 packages and she said yes, so we're set for awhile.

Doc
03-18-2020, 03:31 PM
Can I barrow some?

BigBluePappy
03-18-2020, 07:13 PM
12 Rolls per bathroom, two full baths for me and Grammy and the Greats on the weekend.

blueboss
03-18-2020, 08:39 PM
We had two rolls last Friday, I went on the TP search circuit on Friday evening, Saturday morning then again on Sunday and came home with 3 boxes of Kleenex. My SIL has a stash in they’re basement from buying in bulk before the zombie apocalypse, she gave us a twelve pack. Monday morning I stopped at Ace Hardware on my way to work to grab some plumbing fittings, and they just had a delivery and I got another 4 rolls.

Still can’t find alcohol (isopropyl) or chicken, other than that we’re good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyWildcat
03-18-2020, 11:50 PM
2 packs of 12. Can't remember if they are the double or mega rolls. Will probably have to open one pack tomorrow so I should be good for a while

Knew I was low this past weekend. Supplies here were low but not completely out when I went. Bought one pack and go to put it in my truck and see that I apparently forgot about having one in my trunk. I guess I just never got it out before this mess started. The one time I was thankful for being forgetful. I'm in pretty good shape.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

suncat05
03-19-2020, 04:18 AM
A Public Service Announcement:
In case of emergency, as in a toilet paper shortage, there are alternatives: phone book pages, tree leaves, paperback books, old newspapers........
You're welcome.
Public Service Announcement completed.

Doc
03-19-2020, 08:00 AM
I literally told my office manager to order as much as possible from our distributors. If we have too much I will take some and give some to the employees. You literally can not find any in stores. It is gone as soon as it hits the shelf.

Darrell KSR
03-19-2020, 08:32 AM
It won't be long before there will be plenty of toilet paper on the shelves. It's not one of the supplies we're going to have a limited supply.

I wish it would go bad so the hoarders would suffer.

Having said that, we have more than normal because we saw the "runs" coming (groan).

suncat05
03-19-2020, 09:41 AM
Darrell, THAT is some funny stuff right there!
You made me laugh out loud when I read that. Thanks for the comic relief! 😂

Doc
03-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Darrell, THAT is some funny stuff right there!
You made me laugh out loud when I read that. Thanks for the comic relief! ��

at least he didn't offer a helping hand.....

Doc
03-19-2020, 10:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkrTN373OX8

catmanjack
03-19-2020, 10:41 AM
A florist here in town has arrangements of charmin for $70 and they deliver.

kingcat
03-19-2020, 11:23 AM
I’ve found that those construction packs of brown jersey gloves are cheaper. You CAN switch hands and get an extra wipe by the way.

I wouldn’t advise turning them inside out however. Just toss them in the hamper when you are done.

blueboss
03-19-2020, 12:00 PM
Well boys, it’s finally come to this. We have a thread so we can discuss wiping our a&$’s.

The world as we know it is changing fast.

CitizenBBN
03-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Well boys, it’s finally come to this. We have a thread so we can discuss wiping our a&$’s.

The world as we know it is changing fast.

The sad part is we've had those threads when there wasn't an emergency. :)

Doc
03-19-2020, 12:23 PM
I enjoyed the 4 urinal, and how do you open a public restroom door threads

blueboss
03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
I miss the tiny pool, house thread...from the other board. What was it? Scout?

CitizenBBN
03-19-2020, 02:21 PM
Definitely our thread, I think during the Scout era.

We had one on baby wipes, I remember that one and that's pretty close to this one.

Been meaning to dig up the thread we had on shaving. I moved to an old school razor and love it. And it's unbelievably cheap.

Catfan73
03-19-2020, 02:51 PM
I just went to a double edge razor last week! Figured I would slit my throat but I don’t think I could cut myself with it if I tried. Got a Viking Chieftan Jr.

Doc
03-19-2020, 04:16 PM
Definitely our thread, I think during the Scout era.

We had one on baby wipes, I remember that one and that's pretty close to this one.

Been meaning to dig up the thread we had on shaving. I moved to an old school razor and love it. And it's unbelievably cheap.

I use tweezers........

Darrell KSR
03-19-2020, 04:54 PM
I use the Van der Hagen. It's cheap, chrome, less than $20. Tried several different blades, found one I really liked, great reviews, and like $12 for 100.

Use shaving soap and a horsehair brush (I think... Will have to check).

Great shaves, dirt cheap, and a cathartic experience.

I have a One Blade that I'll use for 2 minutes to get by if I haven't shaved and don't have time, and I like it for what it is, but nothing beats the safety razor.

Darrell KSR
03-19-2020, 05:20 PM
I went for a late-afternoon run, took a shower, and had a shave. Checked on some of the things that I use

The blades are Astra Superior Platinum. I just checked on Amazon and they are incredibly cheap at $7 per hundred. But they're very good, provide a close shave without being too aggressive.

I forget the soap that I used, but it's cheap. I have a couple of boxes in the bathroom after I use this one, but it lasts forever.

When I finish, I like to use the Nivea After Shave moisturizing, cooling balm. It looks like it would be greasy, but it isn't, and dissipates nicely into the skin. Just a dollop is plenty for your face and throat. It definitely soothes the skin after the shave, too. I don't wear cologne, because I don't want to bother clients are people I work with, and it does not have a cologne type smell. Not sure it has a smell separate and apart from the soap, in fact.

blueboss
03-19-2020, 06:09 PM
I went for a late-afternoon run, took a shower, and had a shave. Checked on some of the things that I use

The blades are Astra Superior Platinum. I just checked on Amazon and they are incredibly cheap at $7 per hundred. But they're very good, provide a close shave without being too aggressive.

I forget the soap that I used, but it's cheap. I have a couple of boxes in the bathroom after I use this one, but it lasts forever.

When I finish, I like to use the Nivea After Shave moisturizing, cooling balm. It looks like it would be greasy, but it isn't, and dissipates nicely into the skin. Just a dollop is plenty for your face and throat. It definitely soothes the skin after the shave, too. I don't wear cologne, because I don't want to bother clients are people I work with, and it does not have a cologne type smell. Not sure it has a smell separate and apart from the soap, in fact.

Nice segue from the toilet paper conversation.... from one end to the other.

kingcat
03-19-2020, 06:19 PM
Nice segue from the toilet paper conversation.... from one end to the other.

http://pthumb.lisimg.com/image/5563812/280full.jpg

Catfan73
03-19-2020, 06:29 PM
I use Vokshod blades, $4.99 for 50 so a dime apiece, and Bigelow shave cream in the green tube. No brush, just rub it in with my fingers. I’ve been using shave oil too before the cream but I’ve never decided if it actually does anything or not.

CitizenBBN
03-20-2020, 09:33 PM
I use Astra blades. $8 for 100, seriously. All of these brands are so stupid cheap compared to "regular" razor blades it's not funny. I was paying like $20 for a 10 pack of Gillette blades.

I use a Merkur razor. Heavy, a little short but I've gotten used to it. They're about $40 but obviously will last me till I die, so that's at least a couple of years of use.

I get about 3-4 shaves out of a blade side, so maybe a week on a blade, so $8 for a 2 year supply given that I don't have to shave every single day.

blueboss
03-20-2020, 10:00 PM
I used cream and razors from when I first started shaving until about 20 years ago. Then I got an electric for a gift. Now I’m using..

Braun Series 7 ($170) with cleaning station and a Braun trimmer ($60). Should last the rest of my life. I do replace the foil and blades every couple years, and the cleaning station refills a couple times a year.

Quick, easy, close shave, no mess....

CitizenBBN
03-20-2020, 10:50 PM
I am still shopping a nice cream. I use C.O. Bigelow which I like, but I need something that stays wet as long as possible.

catmanjack
03-21-2020, 12:58 AM
Just enough to get the job done!

Darrell KSR
03-21-2020, 06:27 AM
My son's men's and women's teams having a little fun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9-LVKFhJBe/?igshid=iug2eznknu7g

https://www.instagram.com/p/B97LG-fhY2V/?igshid=1evy3xxzprp9m

dan_bgblue
03-21-2020, 07:51 AM
If one reads the thread title here and then jumps into the middle of the thread, it is a bit of a surreal experience.

dan_bgblue
03-21-2020, 07:55 AM
My son's men's and women's teams having a little fun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9-LVKFhJBe/?igshid=iug2eznknu7g

https://www.instagram.com/p/B97LG-fhY2V/?igshid=1evy3xxzprp9m I broke out laughing at the young lady in the hazmat suit. It was totally unexpected.

Darrell KSR
03-21-2020, 03:11 PM
I chuckled as well. Glad you watched to that point. They're short videos, but I feared people would get bored before the end.

And a PSA.... Your needs are being met. Hang in there.

KeithKSR
03-24-2020, 08:17 PM
We were down to about 3 or 4 rolls for our two bathrooms, combined. My daughter went to Sams and I had her pick up one of the big 45 roll packs just before the big run started. We usually don’t get that large a quantity, but it’s good TP (Charmin like), and has a good price. One of the kids then asked us to pick up a 4-roll pack for them weekend before last, but then never claimed it, so right now we probably have 45 rolls on hand.

KeithKSR
03-24-2020, 08:20 PM
BTW, the Walmart we usually shop at was cleaned out of TP weekend before last, but the Dollar General had a decent supply.

MickintheHam
03-25-2020, 12:34 AM
I just checked. I have more cans of shave cream than I do rolls of Bathroom Tissue. Need to work on inventory management.

Doc
03-25-2020, 06:53 AM
I score 2 packs yesterday. Had to meet a guy down at the corner. Paid his runner, drove down a block and a kid shoved them thru the rear window of my car.

Actually one came from.a truck.stop in TN ( an employee travelling picked it up).and the other at big lots

suncat05
03-25-2020, 09:19 AM
I am still shopping a nice cream. I use C.O. Bigelow which I like, but I need something that stays wet as long as possible.

C. O. Bigelow shaving cream is good stuff.
I also use original Cremo, very good shaving cream.

KentuckyWildcat
03-25-2020, 05:55 PM
C. O. Bigelow shaving cream is good stuff.
I also use original Cremo, very good shaving cream.

Started using Cremo a while back. I really like it.

CitizenBBN
03-25-2020, 06:29 PM
I just checked. I have more cans of shave cream than I do rolls of Bathroom Tissue. Need to work on inventory management.

One end will be very well groomed. The other not so much.

KeithKSR
03-26-2020, 07:48 AM
One end will be very well groomed. The other not so much.

Nursing homes use shaving cream on both ends. Apparently it removes excrement really well.

Doc
03-26-2020, 11:14 AM
Nursing homes use shaving cream on both ends. Apparently it removes excrement really well.

or ass whiskers

Catfan73
03-26-2020, 11:44 AM
I need to take inventory. May have to make a run soon.

dan_bgblue
03-26-2020, 02:32 PM
my latest order was hijacked in north carolina. I doubt it will survive in captivity until they complete the trial proceedings.

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2020/03/1470/828/Toilet-Paper-Guilford-County-Sheriffs-Office.png?ve=1&tl=1

CitizenBBN
03-26-2020, 08:32 PM
You know it's hard to take an ugly turn when you started with a threat topic of toilet paper, but I think it's done it anyway.

KeithKSR
03-27-2020, 03:28 PM
or ass whiskers

I guess trimming them would cut down on dingleberries.

blueboss
03-27-2020, 04:49 PM
Old people hour at Kroger’s this morning was a new experience.

First of all I’m 61, and me and about five other people were the oldest people in a gathering of about 30-40 people in line this morning five minutes before opening.

They all raced towards the direction of the paper aisle some in a full sprint. When I made it to the aisle there was still plenty for me to get a 24 pack which will hold us for a long while. There was an attendant there telling people they could only get one per family, which in several cases went unheeded.

When I made it to the check out there were 3-4 carts of TP that they had confiscated from people trying to purchase more than one. There were also some large angry women cussing at anybody with a Kroger vest on, about how this is America and it’s their right to buy as much as they want, all while threatening to never shop there again. The people within 6-12-18... feet from were rejoicing that that group of people wasn’t going to shop there anymore.

I asked the checker woman about old people hour, and she said they really didn’t have a way to control it. It’s not like they had big muscle bound bouncers at the door checking ID’s. It was their hope that most people would respect the spirit of the request.

Catfan73
03-27-2020, 05:25 PM
I went to Kroger this morning at 7:00 and all they had was something really cheap, four rolls in a pack, for like $0.89. I figured in a pinch it would do.

Pinch :sHa_dielaughing:

CitizenBBN
03-28-2020, 01:15 AM
I don't think I'm coming back to this thread.

I may also move to another country that has no internet.

blueboss
03-28-2020, 08:00 AM
I don't think I'm coming back to this thread.

I may also move to another country that has no internet.

As CBB “runs” from this thread it’s my hope others don’t follow.

dan_bgblue
04-06-2020, 08:03 PM
A logical explanation of the great TP "shortage"

https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0

KSRBEvans
04-07-2020, 12:26 PM
It's just DW and me right now, and we're "down" to 2 12 packs. I think we'll be OK for the foreseeable future.

I was at our local Trader Joes yesterday and they were selling individual wrapped rolls for .69 each, limit 2/shopper. That's the first time I've seen individual rolls for sale.

CitizenBBN
04-07-2020, 10:17 PM
When they start selling it by the sheet we'll know the end is near. I think that's in Revelations. Something about when dollar bills get used for hygiene b/c they're cheaper than toilet paper.

Catfan73
04-12-2020, 06:01 PM
I was in Costco Friday afternoon around 1:30 and was shocked that they had the big 30 roll packs of Charmin. I think I’m set for awhile.

KentuckyWildcat
04-13-2020, 08:05 PM
Hopkinsville seems to stay out of TP. Thankfully we have it in Muhlenberg for the most part.

CitizenBBN
04-13-2020, 08:15 PM
Leaves are finally starting to come out. In a couple of weeks we'll all be fine.

kingcat
04-13-2020, 08:36 PM
When they start selling it by the sheet we'll know the end is near. .

Have you noticed everything reads like a joke in this thread? Hard to get analytical even though its a solid subject.

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/44cfba3e4a2f907e43830c5221960d5a?width=1280

KSRBEvans
04-19-2020, 08:28 PM
We're "down" to 25.

I was out Saturday at Costco, Trader Joes and Kroger and there was lots of TP available at Costco and TJs. But we're good so I didn't get any.

I even found hand sanitizer! TJs had it. It wasn't on the shelf but they had a sign at the register "Yes, we have hand sanitizer--limit 2." I felt like I robbed somebody. :D

KentuckyWildcat
04-19-2020, 09:34 PM
If you need hand sanitizer, Casey Jones will ship you a half gallon. $20 per half gallon and $5 to ship. Medical grade sanitizer.

www.caseyjonesdistillery.com

Darrell KSR
04-19-2020, 10:25 PM
If you need hand sanitizer, Casey Jones will ship you a half gallon. $20 per half gallon and $5 to ship. Medical grade sanitizer.

www.caseyjonesdistillery.com

That's good stuff, but just so people know, that's more of the liquid/spray type, rather than the type you might find in a pump bottle or small bottle to carry with you. Great for spraying down surfaces or like they say, moistening thick towelettes. Won't have a gel-like consistency to it and will dry quickly.

CitizenBBN
04-19-2020, 10:52 PM
That's good stuff, but just so people know, that's more of the liquid/spray type, rather than the type you might find in a pump bottle or small bottle to carry with you. Great for spraying down surfaces or like they say, moistening thick towelettes. Won't have a gel-like consistency to it and will dry quickly.

That's all well and good, but can we drink it?

KeithKSR
04-20-2020, 10:24 AM

I imagine it’s just corn liquor.

dan_bgblue
04-20-2020, 11:34 AM
The msds sheet shows it is between 60% and 100% ethanol.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a9b24a796e76f234f69b4c6/t/5e9a22a2f7ab3222f341e7a3/1587159717361/SDS+-+CASEY+JONES+SANITIZER.pdf

DanISSELisdaman
04-25-2020, 01:17 PM
A propane torch with a spreader tip works well for shaving, but it's essential that you keep it moving......................

KentuckyWildcat
04-25-2020, 01:41 PM
It is the WHO formula. 80% alcohol.

It is a liquid but works on the hands. Just know it will dry you out because it is lacking moisturizer like most you are used to.

KentuckyWildcat
04-25-2020, 01:42 PM
I imagine it’s just corn liquor.My uncle would have drank it. I'm not saying you should...just that he would have.

KSRBEvans
11-19-2020, 09:20 AM
In light of the panic buying thread (http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?58023-Lockdown-panic-shopping-November-edition), thought it might be time to revisit this Golden Oldie.

We just got a 12-pack last weekend so our 2 person household is good for awhile.

dan_bgblue
11-19-2020, 09:51 AM
Wityhout taking physical inventory I would guess there are 26 rolls here for the 2 of us and our regular grand kid overnight guests. If we run short, then the grand kids have to pay for their food and lodging in TP or PT.

My daughter and her husband had to build another small shed to house their household paper goods. My son in law shops once a week on early Sunday mornings and he can not pass the household paper goods displays without making a purchase. Back during the first lock down the paper supplies here in BG stayed at almost none for a few months. I could only figure there was a small army of housewives that knew when the supply trucks would arrive and they would perch in their shopping carts like vultures waiting for the TP to die.

SIL's sister lives in London KY and their supply of paper products never ran out, but they could not find disinfectant wipes and had sanitizer. I figured that the druggies were drinking the 75% alcohol. We have a local distillery here that stopped making gin and bourbon and switched over to the disinfectant stuff. SIL and his sister used to swap alcohol for paper goods and vice versa and he wound up with a mound of paper.

Darrell KSR
11-19-2020, 10:06 AM
I think we have a 24-roll that I bought (Aldi brand) in the garage for emergencies. My wife bought a 12 or 24-roll (not sure) pack of what she prefers for emergencies and put it in the garage. We probably have 12 rolls we're working on currently.

So that's maybe 60 rolls, but "only" 20 per bathroom, if you divide it up. I'll have to ask my wife to be sure, but I think that's right. The idea is to not use the TP in the garage unless we have TP to replace it we're bringing in; that being our "backup plan," err, so to speak.

And I thought that was a lot. There are 3 of us who live in the house "full-time," with visits from college kids (2) on breaks.

**Edit...I lost my mind and divided by the number of bedrooms, rather than bathrooms. We don't have 4 bathrooms. Duh. Fixed.**

blueboss
11-19-2020, 12:47 PM
I just bought a 24 pk yesterday, for the two of us.

KeithKSR
11-23-2020, 05:49 PM
I have no idea how much TP we have on hand currently. I know we have enough for me not to worry about having enough TP right now,

People may want to begin stocking up on canned foods. Weather issues worldwide in 2020 indicate their may be shortages coming in 2021.