PDA

View Full Version : Pete Thamel ruined again, Manti Te'o dead GF story is FAKE

ColonelSteve
01-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Jesus almighty...how classless can you be

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

CitizenBBN
01-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Wow. Long read, but very interesting. Not sure how anyone could contend he didn't know since he said they met in person. Duh.

what a fraud this appears to be.

UKHistory
01-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Notre Dame is saying that Manti was the victim of a hoax. Fraud is the right word. Notre Dame is the bigges phoniest athletic department this side of Durham.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the plan was from their athletic department.

UKHistory
01-16-2013, 04:50 PM
A comment from Deadspin (apologize for the political slant but too damn funny. FYI I grudglingly voted for the President).

Hey its' Hawaii! If they can fake a President's birth certificate they can surely fake a girlfriend for Hawaii's golden son. I know I live there and they "love to talk story". ( and yes I'm joking about the President's birth certificate. I'm just being a smart ass). Edit

ColonelSteve
01-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Te'o issued a statement Wednesday afternoon:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

CitizenBBN
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
FYI I grudglingly voted for the President).

you are dead to me. :tongue08:

ColonelSteve
01-16-2013, 07:12 PM

ColonelSteve
01-16-2013, 07:40 PM

Doc
01-16-2013, 08:17 PM

OK, thats funny!

CitizenBBN
01-16-2013, 09:08 PM
LMAO. there are some great jokes coming out on this subject.

CatinIL
01-17-2013, 08:52 AM
LMAO. there are some great jokes coming out on this subject.

I can't wait...

The clown I'm laughing at the most is Thamel. That Punk got Punked!

UKHistory
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
And not surprisingly Forde came out saying he belives that Teo was duped in no small part to help protect his buddy Thame at SI.

ColonelSteve
01-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Florence Freedom baseball team

Here are more details from the Freedom's press release:

On Thursday, May 23 the Freedom will be giving away the Manti Te'o Girlfriend Bobblehead to the first 1000 fans through the gates.

"This will be the best kind of bobblehead a fan could get," Freedom General Manager Josh Anderson said. "Because now fans can make the bobblehead out to be whatever they want it to be."

Yes Freedom fans, the boxes will be empty. But that's where fan imagination can run wild and individual unique stories about what the bobblehead should really look like can begin.

To add to the imaginary fun, section 115 will be blocked and reserved only for fans to sit with their imaginary friends, girlfriends/boyfriends or spouses. There will also be a make pretend kiss cam, air guitar contest and an imaginary food fight outside the Airheads Kids Zone.

They aren't kidding, folks. This is real promotion and I'm sure it's about to be met with a lot of questions and a mixed reaction due to the sensitive nature of the story and people in general.

So that begs the question: Is this really smart marketing, or is it simply too much and too soon?

http://www.whas11.com/news/Ky-baseball-team-plans-for-Manti-Teo-Girlfriend-Bobblehead-Night-187449841.html

Doc
01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
It's a Jan Brady / George Glass reunion