PDA

View Full Version : Has Walmart Made The Decision To Stop Selling Ammo?

CattyWampus
01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
When I first saw the headline to this article (http://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-confirmed-wal-mart-is-not-going-to-order-any-more-ammo/?utm_source=feedburner&buffer_share=535d9), I thought Walmart was caving to the gun-grabbers. After reading it, it seems that they're waiting to see if they'll be able to sell ammo before they order any more. Regardless of their reasoning, it's gonna piss off a lot of their customers.

CitizenBBN
01-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Oh it's going to piss them off something fierce. esp. since so much of walmart's base is in more rural America.

they've always had a selective policy, where they only sell guns/ammo in certain areas, but they are as with most things the low cost leader on basic ammo. if they get out of the business the gun stores will benefit and mail order will go up a lot.

Maybe it'll free up enough supply so I can get my order through. I'm on the 'don't call us we'll call you' list. lol.

Doc
01-14-2013, 02:14 PM
I sure would want to piss off any of the "PEOPLE OF WALMART (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/)"

suncat05
01-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey Chuck!! I need 20000 rounds, man! Wal-Mark say they can't hep me no mo!!

CitizenBBN
01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
20K rounds of what? I got your back bro! Those coyotes won't just up and commit suicide. :D

ColonelSteve
01-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Im telling everyone that reads this right now, you all need to stock up on emergency supplies, medicine, food and if you have guns, find a shop that's still selling it and stock up now, all the essentials, it is about to get VERY ugly in this country, we could be looking at another civil war, the instability will cause an already shaky economy to crash, just prepare for the worst and hope for the best...time is running out

KeithKSR
01-14-2013, 05:34 PM
'Tis better to be prepared and see nothing happen than to be unprepared and have the SHTF.

CitizenBBN
01-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Im telling everyone that reads this right now, you all need to stock up on emergency supplies, medicine, food and if you have guns, find a shop that's still selling it and stock up now, all the essentials, it is about to get VERY ugly in this country, we could be looking at another civil war, the instability will cause an already shaky economy to crash, just prepare for the worst and hope for the best...time is running out

I know more and more middle class people feeling that way.

there's a good chance of a solar storm this year too apparently, that alone is a good reason to maybe have some more cans of spam on the shelf. Won't bring down the country but it may mess up distribution for a while.

CitizenBBN
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Walmart may roll, Ruger is rallying the troops. they have their site setup so you can fill in your info and they'll mail all your representatives state and federal for you. I'm one of over 250,000 to use the feature so far. Just got the email on it today so I think it's just been up for the day, not sure.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

The rest of the industry needs to follow their example and circle their wagons with us. Move operations out of states that are anti-gun, lots of places like Kentucky would take the jobs and people would be proud to say they worked at Ruger or S&W.

Always liked Ruger, they're a consistent maker of great guns and charge reasonable prices with great warranties. Now I like them even more.

ColonelSteve
01-14-2013, 07:32 PM
I know more and more middle class people feeling that way.

there's a good chance of a solar storm this year too apparently, that alone is a good reason to maybe have some more cans of spam on the shelf. Won't bring down the country but it may mess up distribution for a while.

Oh no, if they take away peoples guns, it will be a civil war, I posted the video of MPs being trained how to drive tanks on the interstate and got laughed at, this is what they were preparing for, they will first give you a chance to volunteer to turn your guns in, then they will send legal notices...then the tanks roll out and they are pointing a gun at your head at your front door demanding that you give it over, and they have been trained to shoot if you deny, it will tear this country apart

KeithKSR
01-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Oh no, if they take away peoples guns, it will be a civil war, I posted the video of MPs being trained how to drive tanks on the interstate and got laughed at, this is what they were preparing for, they will first give you a chance to volunteer to turn your guns in, then they will send legal notices...then the tanks roll out and they are pointing a gun at your head at your front door demanding that you give it over, and they have been trained to shoot if you deny, it will tear this country apart

In order to use military personnel to go door to door to confiscate firearms two things would have to happen. First Obama would have to declare martial law, which SCOTUS said in 1866 could not be done unless normal courts were unable to function; and second, the military would have to be willing to follow an unpopular Commander in Chief's illegal order to act in opposition to the Constitution they have sworn to uphold.

In the South LEOs by and large support the Second Amendment, troops are unlikely to be willing to confiscate arms. A bunch of anti-gun left wingers aren't gonna go door to door to take them for long.

I am more concerned with things like power grid failure, economic collapse, etc causing a disruption in society. I've sent my Senators and US Representatives enough letters in the past (and will continue to do so) to know all three support the Second Amendment. I used the Ruger form to contact them once again and encourage all to do likewise.