PDA

View Full Version : Unforgettable Christmas: Grandpa passed away today

UKFlounder
12-25-2019, 06:44 PM
85 years old, a terrific man originally from the mountains of Breathitt County.

Loved, loved loved fishing - in the ocean on vacation, but especially in local rivers, lakes, creeks even small farm ponds, ftom the banks, by boat or wading. He did some hunting, but fishing was his thing.

Loved his family. He was the last of 13 kids and has many nieces and nephews and innumerable cousins, but he never met a stranger. He loved people.

He was clerk at his church for about 60 years and a Freemason for 60.

Grandma and him were married for 65 years and 10 months.

I already miss him 😭😭😭😭😢😢😢😢

MickintheHam
12-25-2019, 07:24 PM
My deepest sympathies and best wishes to your family. We can ask for nothing more than to live a full life of happiness. It seems as though your grandpa did that.

KentuckyWildcat
12-25-2019, 07:25 PM
Sorry Flounder. Prayers for you and your family.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
12-25-2019, 08:16 PM
Flounder you and your family have my prayers for heavenly support in this time of sorrow and need. Your Grandpa lived a full life, and any fisherman would have tons of memories to share with loved ones.

Darrell KSR
12-25-2019, 10:26 PM
God bless you all Flounder.

kingcat
12-26-2019, 12:02 AM
My sincere sympathy for your loss. I made my way through our local cemetery to visit my father and both sets of grandparents (among many others) Monday as is my tradition this time of the year.
I was close to both my grandfathers although I lost one as a small child. I was three when he passed but have a few precious memories of his time with me. They say I was very special being his first grandchild and unlike his seven children (including Dad) growing up I could do no wrong.
Those 61 year old memories are still precious to me.
Even the last one which is still one of my saddest, as my grandmother let me kiss him goodbye as they closed his coffin. My first realization of death.
My other grandfather and I were just as close until he left us while I was in my early twenties. He was a fisherman's fisherman too and loved his crappie fishing most of all. And a friend to more people than anyone I have ever known. The whole world called him Pappy.

I would imagine they will share some fishing stories from the sound of things.

I do honestly share your grief in part, and as the day demands of us, the knowledge that it is just a short absence we face in God's grand design.

May God comfort you and the family.

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.qbctBhanSbVSMl0VSNtRbgHaJW&pid=Api&rs=1

BigBluePappy
12-26-2019, 05:45 AM
My sympathies are with you, Flounder.
May He comfort you and yours in ways that only He can through His Love.
Prayers for you, brother.

Doc
12-26-2019, 05:58 AM
Add my sympathies as well

blueboss
12-26-2019, 06:30 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suncat05
12-26-2019, 07:37 AM
Condolences, with prayers for all in the family.

Catfan73
12-26-2019, 07:39 AM
Sorry Flounder 😢 It’s never easy but it sounds like he had a long, full life.

catmanjack
12-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, sounded like a great man!

PedroDaGr8
12-27-2019, 09:10 PM
My deepest condolences, UKFlounder.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

UKFlounder
12-28-2019, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

We buried him today. It hurts but my main concern now is helping Grandma. She loved him so much

CGWildcat
12-29-2019, 10:08 AM
Very sorry for your loss Flounder

TRUCKERCATFAN
12-31-2019, 01:58 AM
Very sorry for your loss. Here’s a song I still listen to often and think about both my Grandpas even though they’ve been gone 36 and 34 years.