PDA

View Full Version : Inpeachment to House

Doc
12-12-2019, 03:17 PM
My initial response was cool, let the "other side" present its case, let Trump actually defend himself and get ALL the facts out rather than just cherry picking....but Lindsey likely has it right (HERE (https://www.foxnews.com/media/lindsey-graham-senate-impeachment-inquiry-timeline)). I was never a Graham fan but he has got this right. But I sort of did look forward to hopefully seeing Trey Goudy pop in to save the day, who is BY FAR AND AWAY my favorite politician especially when it comes to committee testimony. A take no ### straight to the point prosecutor. But Lindsey has it right. Testimony will change little. If anything it may boost Trump, certainly won't further impeachment because the Democrats have already presented their full case. Anything new will be exculpatory...but it would be fun to see Schiff in the hot seat, along with Hunter and sleep Joe.

And telling is this:

"I don't need any witnesses at all. I am ready to go," Graham replied, adding that the issue of Hunter Biden's work in Ukraine can be addressed outside of impeachment hearings.
Sounds like a Special Counsel project to me...as it should be.

CitizenBBN
12-12-2019, 04:21 PM
I'm torn. I get the idea of not dragging this out, but the GOP then just lets Dems get their message out and they have no rebuttal.

Graham is way too old school GOP to get in the mud, but IMO he should.

For example, the least discussed and most obvious aspect of this is that Trump had due cause to investigate Biden, and if he did then there's nothing at all at issue, any more than the obama administration investigating the Trump people re Russia, including reaching out to foreign sources.

It gives the GOP a rare pulpit that the media will have to cover, albeit with their usual insane levels of bias. Passing that up is an overall mistake. I'm not saying drag it out weeks, but a week of compelling Hunter Biden to testify and maybe even Shiff and some others might make for good TV.

The thing Trump's base loves about him and the traditional GOP hate about him is he won't just get down in the mud, he's in the mud already and trolling people to join him.

I don't care for it either, but it's clearly more effective against the Liberal Media/Government machine than taking the high road.

CitizenBBN
12-12-2019, 05:07 PM
And the other GOP benefit is that this is hurting the Dems in the House elections. Driving that home wouldn't be all bad for chances to retake the House.

This thing has become so weak, so forced, so over the top partisan, that taking a few days to point that out won't be all bad.

It sounds like Graham is thinking a week, but no witnesses. Maybe that's enough.

The Obstruction charge would be like the GOP impeaching Obama for refusing to turn over Fast and Furious documents. Clearly he was wrong, and denied Congress's clear oversight authority in ways Trump hasn't with this proceeding, but the worst that came from it was holding Holder in contempt.

That whole charge is just laughable. You don't remove Presidents for refusing to cooperate with Congress. No President with the other party in charge of a house of Congress fully complies with them.

Congress claims oversight. Presidents claim privilege. Periodically the courts decide, often the voters decide. Been going on from the beginning, and its a natural part of the balance of the system. No President has ever been impeached for such a thing.

dan_bgblue
12-12-2019, 05:22 PM
The thing Trump's base loves about him and the traditional GOP hate about him is he won't just get down in the mud, he'sgot done s in the mud already and trolling people to join him.

He has been lounging around in the deep end with an ear of corn in each hand and has been that way ever since this clown show got started in the House. He is having fun taking his shots knowing he holds all the cards.

I just spent the last hour and a half watching the CSPAN coverage, and can not believe how freaking stupid many of the folks with the pitchforks really present themselves to be. Many of them are being put in a position to have to respond to questions that they can not answer with anything close to facts instead of repeating something that has proven to not be true multiple times during the proceedings, but they are unwilling to accept facts in place of BS rumors that not only can not be proven, they can not even find the people that started the rumors to call them in to testify.

Catonahottinroof
12-13-2019, 06:28 AM
It’s been a clown show and that clown show been a huge gift given to Trump. Polls are already showing that. He’s been given so much material to campaign on and evil to run against.