PDA

View Full Version : OK we dodged a HUGE bullet not hiring Tommy Tuberville

ColonelSteve
01-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Tons of Cincinnati commits have talked about not hearing from TT since he was hired...then when they DO hear from him, he tells them to look elsewhere when theyve gone months without talking to other schools, one father even calls him a "bad situation"

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2013/01/10/ex-cincy-recruit-on-tuberbville-its-a-bad-situation/

Now its coming out that he's pulled scholarships without telling the recruits and an Ohio high school coach is saying that Tuberville is NOT allowed to recruit his school

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21540048/cincinnati-recruits-tuberville-pulled-our-scholarships-and-didnt-tell-us

Interesting situation and a HUGE bullet dodged...I pushed hard for him here and on Twitter and I have never been more willing to admit that I was dead wrong

Darrell KSR
01-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Wow. Surprising and disappointing.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Catfan73
01-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I find that fanbase almost as distasteful as UL's, only not as large if you can believe that. More little brother syndrome (to OSU) I guess. Karma's a beyotch.

suncat05
01-12-2013, 10:02 AM
I was not enamored with the idea of TT on our sidelines. Not gonna lie about that. And I was stunned that we got Stoops. Very, very surprised, and also very surprised that he even approached MB about the job in the first place, and then laid out a plan to MB to get this program turned around. Sold his vision to MB, if you will. Don't think I've ever heard of anyone else EVER doing that in relation to Kentucky(except for Cal, of course!). I am satisfied for now, as it appears that we have a staff full of young 'go-getters' who want to win and bring real football talent into Kentucky.
I hope they can start by beating Louisville next season, and sometime within the next 3 seasons finally beating Florida and ending that streak as well. There is ZERO excuse for us having lost to Florida for 24-25 years now, just as there was ZERO excuse for having lost to Tennessee for 26 years in a row either. Those two losing streaks right there show you that there never was any serious intention by former UK admins to field a winning football program. They just DID NOT CARE. And I've had my doubts about MB too, up to this point. But in the end, all of this MUST TRANSLATE into wins on the football field on Saturday afternoons in the SEC. And there's no other way around that, it must happen.
And if it doesn't, then I honestly do not know what other answer there may be to solve the problem.

Catfan73
01-13-2013, 01:03 AM
The title of the Colonel's thread implies that UK had Tuberville under consideration for our opening, but that doesn't seem to have ever been the case.

ColonelSteve
01-13-2013, 09:58 AM
The title of the Colonel's thread implies that UK had Tuberville under consideration for our opening, but that doesn't seem to have ever been the case.

Oh come on now, you know his name was being mentioned before he slapped his assistant

fastkat
01-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Oh come on now, you know his name was being mentioned before he slapped his assistant

only on message boards

ColonelSteve
01-13-2013, 06:42 PM
only on message boards

Matt Jones said his name a couple times