PDA

View Full Version : If it were not for global warming

dan_bgblue
11-08-2019, 08:28 PM
the eastern USA would be a block of ice by Monday

https://www.foxnews.com/us/artic-surge-record-cold-temperatures

Catfan73
11-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Actually global climate change is what is causing the extremes. I’d post a link to the science but anyone that hasn’t seen it by now doesn’t want to.

CitizenBBN
11-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Actually global climate change is what is causing the extremes. I’d post a link to the science but anyone that hasn’t seen it by now doesn’t want to.

Nothing more powerful than the attack of heresy. It's lousy science, but good politics.

CitizenBBN
11-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Now, back to the crappy cold weather.

We had a great spring, longest I can remember, only makes sense we pay for it by having no fall.

kingcat
11-09-2019, 01:57 PM

Im with ya'

Don't know what caused it for certain..or what can slow it down entirely.
But it's effect and that it's going to change the lives of our children is a certainty.

Catfan73
11-09-2019, 05:26 PM
The MIT carbon dioxide removal thing is intriguing but what most don’t realize is that methane is about 30X worse than CO2. And as the world population grows demand for meat keeps going up. And I love beef so I’m not helping any.

blueboss
11-10-2019, 11:57 AM
The MIT carbon dioxide removal thing is intriguing but what most don’t realize is that methane is about 30X worse than CO2. And as the world population grows demand for meat keeps going up. And I love beef so I’m not helping any.

I’m doing my part saving the earth by eating my beef medium rare. If more would do the same, think of the energy that could be saved.

On a side note, it’s not the earth everyone is trying to save, it’s mankind. The earth has saved/repaired itself from a lot worse than what mankind is/has done to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
11-10-2019, 02:17 PM
We are raising a hybrid called peel and eat. Not sure how it is gonna work out but it was developed by a sushi chef.

Catonahottinroof
11-10-2019, 08:14 PM
And the bigger issue folks have found out they can make a buck by screaming about it...

On a side note, it’s not the earth everyone is trying to save, it’s mankind. The earth has saved/repaired itself from a lot worse than what mankind is/has done to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

dan_bgblue
11-11-2019, 09:47 AM
I can remember tracking rabbits on Thanksgiving day with my Dad and Grandpa many times when I was just old enough to be trusted with a shotgun. What happened to all the snowy Thanksgiving days?

Colder than a poplar bears behind (https://www.foxnews.com/us/winter-storm-arctic-front-record-setting-cold)