PDA

View Full Version : Might just be the best invention ever.....

wes011
01-11-2013, 03:20 PM
So even though I grew up around firearms I am new to actually owning a gun. For Christmas I received a Springfield XD 9 mm and then I just recently purchased a DPMS RFA2-APA4 "AR-15" rifle. Today I received two maglula speed loaders that fit my clips. Best invention ever!!! Simple to use and it saves the fingers big time. Once I figured out how to use the things, it took me less than 5 minutes to load my two 16 round 9mm mags and it takes about 3 minutes to load each 30 round 223 mag. Simply awesome.

suncat05
01-12-2013, 09:44 AM
I like the new Springfield XD. And DPMS makes a fine AR-15 rifle. Now when it comes to loading a mag, I am "Old School", as I want to actually touch and see every round that goes into the magazine. I realize that you still are doing that manually with the new device, but the old way you're still 'touching' the bullet until you push the next one down. I want that "tactile" contact, as I have found several bad rounds that way. That's just me, though. Nothing wrong with using the loader either.

CitizenBBN
01-12-2013, 11:52 PM
wish i had one last week for loading some tec-9 mags. had a chance to shoot one at a range last week thanks to a buddy of mine, but some of those 32 round mags get pretty stiff around 20 rounds.