dan_bgblue
10-18-2019, 06:11 PM
Zone? I almost fell off my stool.

UKFlounder
10-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Just not enough bodies for a true scrimmage

UKHistory
10-18-2019, 06:22 PM
That is a little frustrating. Allen’s injury is a big own. Could have used another guy or two.

dan_bgblue
10-18-2019, 06:30 PM
Sestina's jumper looks really smooth

UKFlounder
Cal: “I don’t like having 13 scholarship players because it’s hard to coach 13 guys.” He then mentions a concern about what if there are injuries.

Given the number of injuries we’ve had in recent injuries, I wonder if he will rethink his philosophy. Having to add a baseball player as a walk9n is not a great sign.

BigBluePappy
Late to the party, but Maxey appears to be kind of quick...

dan_bgblue
10-18-2019, 06:32 PM
kind of quick...

Like a hiccup

BigBluePappy
10-18-2019, 06:40 PM
I am impressed with Quickley...

Doc
10-18-2019, 06:43 PM
Nick looks way better. Whitney can jump out of the building

BigBluePappy
10-18-2019, 06:44 PM
Nick looks way better. Whitney can ju.p out of the building

Way more comfortable...

kingcat
10-18-2019, 06:46 PM
Dang good looking group of Wildcats. I am impressed with the athletic ability on the floor and the length is amazing.

Arms are everywhere. And it may be as quick top to bottom as I have seen.

Doc
10-18-2019, 06:46 PM
As of now starters are Hagans, Quickley, Whitney, Montgomery and Richards

BigBluePappy
10-18-2019, 06:48 PM

Agreed, sir.

Doc
10-18-2019, 06:54 PM
Is it too early to start hating on Doug Shows?

BigBluePappy
10-18-2019, 06:57 PM
Is it too early to start hating on Doug Shows?

Never.

dan_bgblue
10-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Hey SEC, they are coming to an arena close to you very soon!!

UKFlounder
10-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Brooks is aggressive shooting the ball but showing good athleticism

kingcat
10-18-2019, 07:04 PM
He started it..

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/referee-doug-shows-calls-a-technical-foul-on-kentucky-wildcats-picture-id161804709

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/head-coach-mike-krzyzewski-of-the-duke-blue-devils-talks-with-referee-picture-id453753361?s=612x612

dan_bgblue
10-18-2019, 07:05 PM

No Maxey? Sestina has really impressed me with his outside shots

UKFlounder
10-18-2019, 07:07 PM

BigBluePappy
10-18-2019, 07:27 PM
Fatigue, bad habits and sloppy play are starting to set in...

UKFlounder
10-18-2019, 07:36 PM
They are trying zone. Quickley is attacking it pretty aggressively

BigBluePappy
10-18-2019, 07:45 PM
They are trying zone. Quickley is attacking it pretty aggressively

Is that what that was?
:lmao:

StuBleedsBlue2
10-18-2019, 07:54 PM
Most impressed by IQ. Like what Brooks is doing too. Sestina is playing his role perfectly.

UKFlounder
10-18-2019, 07:55 PM
I said “trying,” not “playing.”

kingcat
10-18-2019, 07:55 PM
Quickley has quickly become an offensive force. And lightning quick to the basket.

kingcat
10-18-2019, 07:56 PM
Sestina has great hands

BigBluePappy
10-18-2019, 08:05 PM
I said “trying,” not “playing.”

Just teasing, Flounder.
But Lordy, they are rough at the "Z" word...

Kacat
10-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Sestina looked solid, really nice shot
Loved Hagans tonight, jumper looks so much smoother
Quick looked like a SO who has grown into the role, really looked good
Thought Richards was active but still gets the ball knocked out a lot, but nice touch
Montgomery didn't show much touch but he is a long body
Really liked Brooks, sneaky game, kid that will stuff the stat book
Maxey was really good
Dragon was athletic as expected
Johnny has a nice mid range game, wasn't hitting much from deep but you have to like what he brings to the team

kingcat
10-18-2019, 08:09 PM
I really liked that scrimmage. Very happy with every kid.. Quickley was exceptional and looks to be in the process of securing a starting spot. Hagans was very good too along with Maxey. He is certainly one of the best defenders I have watched in blue and white.
Maxey will blossom as the season progresses. Juzang is just a player..and if his perimeter shot is as good as I suspicion will be a good NBA player someday. Just something about him screams, "Im going to be a 6'9" sharpshooting guard one day"

Sestina will be as important to this team as Travis was to last years club. He could start at the three imo.

EJ played well but Nick was the best big man on the floor. He did make some mistakes but was active as his stat line shows. He was the force around the rim and played cleaner than I have ever seen him play. Played hard without a lot of upper body contact
Brooks is something else imo. Worked the midrange game hard offensively which you dont see much.
Saw him standing around some but Cal will change that fast.
Whitney is every bit the athlete and very active. A deadly combination at the forward slots.

This team will live up to its billing. It will be better than last seasons team imo.
Why? Shooting, quickness, and length. thats why.

Padukacat
10-18-2019, 08:25 PM
I saw a few things different than I expected an may not jive with some of you guys, but here goes. Zone is a bad idea we won’t zone, nick and ej can’t play it. Quickley was the biggest revelation, he moved way quicker than last year and it wasn’t just confidence. Maxey was good and will be even better he’s for real. Didn’t love Hagans game tonight but he will do better when he’s locked in and more serious. He can still only shoot well set. Love what sestina brings, may have trouble guarding. Love Whitney and brooks especially Whitney but brooks oozes potential. Juzang has a sick feel around the basket and if he starts hitting the three I think he could be a major contributor, I liked how active he was on defense. Richards looked good early then faded, still wasn’t impressed with his hands or strength with the ball but he’s really long. I think he plays more minutes than last year but can see him falling back to a role player. I was most disappointed in ej. Maybe it was the style of the game as cal said or maybe he was just off but I thought he looked bad early, weak with the ball and got stripped a lot. I dropped he and nick back to last season status almost after seeing tonight, especially knowing the young guys will improve a lot in the coming weeks.

All that said, I would say the top players are hagans, Quickley, maxey, sestina, whitney, juzang, and brooks with ej and nick playing roles which increase when another guy is off. That’s a way too early guess but it’s my gut feel after seeing them for the first time. Someone between juzang and brooks will step up. I think nick starts to begin the year then someone takes that spot. We shall see, should be a fun year.

John19
10-18-2019, 08:27 PM
lol no.

bigsky
10-18-2019, 08:58 PM
hagans quickley richards are no brainer starters. not as impressed with maxey as i hoped. Juzang, Brooks, Sestina and EJ fighting it out. again this year, ej shoots and i have no expectation that it will go in. what can whitney do?

Carolinawildcats
10-19-2019, 12:31 AM
hagans quickley richards are no brainer starters. not as impressed with maxey as i hoped. Juzang, Brooks, Sestina and EJ fighting it out. again this year, ej shoots and i have no expectation that it will go in. what can whitney do?

Agree....EJ disappointed. I hate preseason......I don't know names until late January...LOL. Lots of lengths and athleticism...we will see how it translates in March, but tonight I was not greatly impressed.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Doc
10-19-2019, 05:29 AM
Agree....EJ disappointed. I hate preseason......I don't know names until late January...LOL. Lots of lengths and athleticism...we will see how it translates in March, but tonight I was not greatly impressed.

Peace

Richard (CW)

As always in a preseason scrimmage, there are going to be good and bad. Have to look for what to be impressed by. Quickley was definately impressive. In fact was the best player on the floor. Ditto for Sestina and Richards. For Nick, the bar has been peetty low but he played well even for a higher bar. Not sure how you were not impressed with the performance of that trio.

Disappointed in EJ? Compared to what he did last year, I thought he looked good. Of course my expectation for him are based on reality rather than hype, which is the danger of hype.

kingcat
10-19-2019, 10:42 AM
I think people have gotten so down on Richards that since EJ did not outplay him and being half of the inside tandem, he has been cast into the same mold.

I thought Nick was most impressive. Active without fouling or hanging his head even once. EJ appeared to looking for his spot on the floor at times.