PDA

View Full Version : I hate radio stations

Darrell KSR
07-25-2019, 06:18 PM
That play some stupid little traffic sound and think it's cute. Probably less than 1% of the time I'm in a car I'll listen to the radio. But I was bored on the way back from Huntsville today, and turned on the radio. When I got into Birmingham, the station play something with a squealing Wheels sound and horn honking, and I thought I was about to wreck.

Just about as bad as the ones that play the police sirens. I hate them all. Now get off my lawn.

MickintheHam
07-25-2019, 09:30 PM
I believe the squealing brakes and horn are in a Hendricks Chevy Commercial. It is the most annoying commercial ever. I will have nothing to do with them.

Darrell KSR
07-25-2019, 09:42 PM
Thanks. I'll add them to my list.

Doc
07-26-2019, 06:52 AM
I seldom listen to actual radio...all sirius or XM for me (depending on car), or stream my phone music if a rental.

What I abhor, and believe should be illegal, is when they play sirens. Nothing like driving and out of nowhere comes a blaring siren!
And that is not to mention commercials that are designed to annoy. SIRIUS is Kars for Kids and Patriot software. If you want me to change channel, play either one

KSRBEvans
07-26-2019, 07:51 AM
It's been a long time since I listened to regular terrestrial radio. The above are big reasons why.

And I hate paying a subscription for something and still getting hit with commercials. Pick one revenue stream or the other. There are rumors that Netflix may start putting ads in their programming at some point. If that happens, I'm out.