PDA

View Full Version : I hate the new Twitter rollout

KSRBEvans
07-18-2019, 07:24 AM
On the old one trending topics were out of the way, which was fine for me because I don't really care what's trending. Now it's there on the front page taking up the right 1/3 of the page and I can't find a way to get it out of the way.

Anyone know how to get a different layout? Is there another app like Tweetdeck that will help?

Darrell KSR
07-18-2019, 08:26 AM
BEvans, I only use two things.

Desktop: Tweetdeck. Multiple columns more than spanning my desktop space. I have one for UK writers, UofL writers, national media, news, certain searches I've made (civil asset forfeiture, e.g.,) D3 soccer, Belhaven University, D1 Baseball, etc. ad nauseam. I set up a column for your twitter account during basketball season for easy access to what you tweet during games. It's as flexible as flexible can be, and you can order the columns any way you like.

Mobile: Tweetcaster Pro. It may not be the best, but it's up there if it's not, and I latched onto it many years ago when first starting the twitter thing.

KeithKSR
07-18-2019, 12:33 PM
I just tap the home button and my feed pops up.

KSRBEvans
07-19-2019, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys--I think I'm going to give Tweetdeck a try.

Darrell KSR
07-24-2019, 10:29 PM
Force your browser to use the old Twitter with this. They may eliminate it at some point, but it apparently still works.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/goodtwitter/jbanhionoclikdjnjlcmefiofgjimgca

KSRBEvans
07-25-2019, 05:09 PM
^Thanks, Darrell--I downloaded the extension for Chrome and it works great (so far)!