PDA

View Full Version : Florida - Atlantic Side

KentuckyWildcat
07-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Clearest water on the Atlantic side? South of Daytona and about 2 hours or so from Orlando.

Going back to Disney in November and maybe in February. Might knock a beach off of our bucket list one day. Could end up going to Clearwater for a day, but would rather do the east coast for a day.

Catonahottinroof
07-07-2019, 11:47 AM
To me the Atlantic side gets clearer the further south you go.

kingcat
07-07-2019, 11:53 AM
Cocoa beach closest to Orlando. I've seen rave reviews and grave reviews in the past. Great eating though.

I think New Smyrna is nice. Never been to Melbourne but some say it's a great laid back back beach. I love Ormand beach and the surrounding area myself.

Vero is a little more South but another good choice.

I really like South Daytona for that area. Lots of beach history and it has really made a comeback (I like places that try hard).

These people are nice and it is an fairly historic beach establishment..Older but nice.
https://www.perrysoceanedge.com/

KentuckyWildcat
07-07-2019, 12:22 PM
To me the Atlantic side gets clearer the further south you go.I was guessing that. Never been south of Daytona on the Atlantic side. I plan on doing Miami/Keys eventually but would like to see some areas in between on some of our Disney trips. I'm sure we will be going to Disney several times the next 10-15 years.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

KentuckyWildcat
07-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Cocoa beach closest to Orlando. I've seen rave reviews and grave reviews in the past. Great eating though.

I think New Smyrna is nice. Never been to Melbourne but some say it's a great laid back back beach. I love Ormand beach and the surrounding area myself.

Vero is a little more South but another good choice.

I really like South Daytona for that area. Lots of beach history and it has really made a comeback (I like places that try hard).

These people are nice and it is an fairly historic beach establishment..Older but nice.
https://www.perrysoceanedge.com/

Was planning on Cocoa. But a coworker went and didn't care for it. And we have similar interest.

Ormand and South Daytona are nice. Went there in February. Was sad to see the current conditions of the Daytona area that I grew up going to.

Melbourne or Vero might be places to look at. Seems like my wife might know some one that snow birds in Melbourne.

kingcat
07-07-2019, 01:17 PM
Was planning on Cocoa. But a coworker went and didn't care for it. And we have similar interest.

Ormand and South Daytona are nice. Went there in February. Was sad to see the current conditions of the Daytona area that I grew up going to.

Melbourne or Vero might be places to look at. Seems like my wife might know some one that snow birds in Melbourne.

Ive heard good things about Melbourne, except one review about there being rocks just out from the beach line. I suspicion that was just an off the wall comment.
The cozy Indialantic beach has a good food truck on the sand

dan_bgblue
07-07-2019, 03:17 PM
Doc is a great resource of info on the atlantic side of Fl south of the mouse house.

Doc
07-08-2019, 09:16 PM
Cocoa is probably the best near Orlando. I am in Stuart and we get lots of variability due to Lake Okeechobee run off which is down the ST Lucie river and thru Stuart. Sebastain inlet is very.nice as well but it more nature preserve than classic beach