PDA

View Full Version : Been looking for this!

DanISSELisdaman
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.caintv.com/ny-dem-wants-to-repeal-preside

CitizenBBN
01-07-2013, 07:32 PM
George Washington stepped down voluntarily, with many people begging him to stay, after his 2nd term. That established a long tradition only broken by the hubris of FDR, thus requiring the Amendment.

However it was not a law through the administrations of Adams, Jefferson, Madison, the great minds of our nation. It is the height of conceit to think any President is more necessary to the nation than those men. Power corrupts, they fought a war to end that corruption, and wisely stepped aside and relinquished power again and again voluntarily in order to preserve liberty and not repeat those mistakes.

This of course has no chance of doing anything, but even proposing it shows such a lack of understanding of our history and nation it's sad. FWIW such things were introduced by people with Reagan as President, and it was sad then too and I really like Reagan.

Darrell KSR
01-08-2013, 11:06 AM
In fairness, though, using that misguided effort by the idiot Democrat to suggest that "far-left Dems are once again pursuing an agenda that puts them in direct conflict with the U.S. Constitution" is a little misleading. As CBBN points out, it was an Amendment to the Constitution that established term limits, and not the U.S. Constitution itself. In fact, a plausible argument could be made that "far-left Dems are seeking to reestablish the Founders' Constitution" instead of seeking conflict with it.

No, that's obviously not the case. Just having fun with arguments.

Darrell KSR
01-08-2013, 11:07 AM
EDIT: (Not sure my effort was worth posting once. I know for dang sure it wasn't worth posting twice.)

KSRBEvans
01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Need to go the other way, IMHO. We need an amendment establishing term limits for both houses of Congress, too.

KeithKSR
01-08-2013, 08:47 PM
The amendment has absolutely no chance of passing.