PDA

View Full Version : Apology Offered

CattyWampus
01-07-2013, 08:28 AM
I want to apologize for my post re the Muslim Brotherhood. When I posted it, I just saw it as an off-the-wall commentary on our impotent foreign policy. Within a very short time after posting it, I realized it was in poor taste and I decided to delete it. As luck would have it, when I tried to get back online, my ISP was experiencing some sort of outage so I was unable to correct my wrongdoing. This morning I saw that the thread had been locked, and rightly so.

Lesson learned. It's easy to make a bad post, but sometimes it not so easy to fix it, once you've hit the submit button.

CitizenBBN
01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Apology accepted and appreciated but don't let it worry you. Can't count all the posts I've made then deleted.

DanISSELisdaman
01-07-2013, 05:14 PM
BTW, how do you delete a post on here?

dan_bgblue
01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Good question Dan, and I may be able to help and then again I may not. When I am here, my screen has a few options that yours probably does not have, so this may be a trial and error process unless CBBN steps in. I do know that you can not delete a post unless it is the last post in a thread. If you make a post, someone posts right after you, and you go back to delete your post you can not do that.

If you want to try a few things to see if any of them will work, I am game to try and help.

CitizenBBN
01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Go to edit your post, then "Go Advanced". the delete options don't show on the quick edit but do show on the advanced edit screen.