PDA

View Full Version : Things ths make you go hmmmmmm

Catonahottinroof
01-06-2013, 07:23 PM
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/010413-639471-russia-offers-tax-asylum-to-soaked-millionaires.htm?src=SeeAlso

I can see folks with means getting used to borscht and caviar.

dan_bgblue
01-06-2013, 08:01 PM
France has an obscenely high rate on the wealthiest but the have nixed the idea of the 75% rate.

That should not take away from the points made in the article as they make more sense than what is coming out of DC

Doc
01-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Take note, Mr. President: Russia's flat-tax miracle has helped bring its budget back into balance. Its revenues from income taxes have more than doubled since the single, low tax rate was instated.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/010413-639471-russia-offers-tax-asylum-to-soaked-millionaires.htm#ixzz2HGAbGZ00

But that would mean the middle class and those who currently pay no federal income tax would be forced to pay their fair share. Currently its easy to suggest the wealthy don't pay their fair share or pay "less than their secretaries" when nearly 1/2 of the nation pays no federal income tax. The concept that a percentage means the wealthy pay more is a concept most don't understand or elect to ignore.

Catonahottinroof
01-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Wealthy people within your borders invest in your banks and create employment for the native population. Russia seems to be gaining the more affluent this way.

jazyd
01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Of the 48% who pay no fed income tax how many are retired seniors on SS who paid in for years and how many are military out of country?
All of us, including me, should use the truer % when discussing those who do not work, those who work at low paying jobs vs the seniors and military. I realize also there are those that physically cannot work but we have a large % of free loaders who continue to vote in those that vote in DC to continue the free checks.
What I hate seeing is the term "fair share" especially from those who have no share.

KeithKSR
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Of the 48% who pay no fed income tax how many are retired seniors on SS who paid in for years and how many are military out of country?
All of us, including me, should use the truer % when discussing those who do not work, those who work at low paying jobs vs the seniors and military. I realize also there are those that physically cannot work but we have a large % of free loaders who continue to vote in those that vote in DC to continue the free checks.
What I hate seeing is the term "fair share" especially from those who have no share.

In reality we should have been able to keep the pre-Jan 1 tax tables in place and cut the waste in government in order to balance a budget. The House passed a budget some months back, but Harry Reid refused to bring it to the Senate floor for an up or down vote, and Obama has yet to submit a realistic budget to Congress as President, and we haven't had a budget in three years or so. The problem is Obama's idea of compromise is to give him everything he asks for and refuses to give ground on anything.

The biggest question in my mind isn't what will happen in our country, but how long will it take for the economy to get bad enough for Obama to declare martial law in order to dictate everything that goes on in government.