PDA

View Full Version : That time again..BTO is here

Doc
08-25-2012, 08:52 PM
For those familiar with the game, no changes. For those not familiar, here are the rules:

Each week I will select FIVE games that I find of interest. I will then create a line each game, this line is my line and not associated with any betting service. The team with the number behind it will be the underdog. You basically add those points to that team after the game. Example: Team A (5.5) @ Team B. If the final score is Team A 10, Team B 13, the adjusted scoare would be Team A 15.5, Team B 13. So while team B won the game, Team A would be the correct BTO pick. Make sense?

Now some wrinkles. There will be a tiebreaker. This is used only to determine the weekly order of the winners. This is usually stat based.
There is an OPTIONAL ten foot pole/double shock (tfp/ds) play. If there is one game you don't want to play you can "tfp" it but you must double shock other game. The "tfp" pick won't be counted but the "ds" game counts twice, hence you still have 5 possible correct picks. If you tfp, you MUST ds one game. Also you can not "tfp" a UK game. Your score will be determined by the number of games you select correct so a 5 is a perfect score.
When making your picks, PLEASE list the teams as I state them. Example: if Mississippi St vs GA is listed, put Mississippi St or GA. Bulldogs doesn't work! Plus I tend to grade by looking at the first initial of your pick so if you change it, sometimes it hangs me up.
I will tabulate each week but also keep a running total of the season. At the end of the year I will announce an overall winner. However I will drop your 3 lowest weeks so if you forget to play a week or two, it won't hurt you as that "0" will be one dropped. Also a bad week won't hurt as it gets dropped. If you play every week, your 3 lowest scores are dropped. If you 13 of 14 weeks, your lowest 2 get dropped plus the week you did not play. If you miss 4 weeks, you only get 3 drops so one week will be a zero.
Anybody who misses all the games in any given week (goes 0-5 or 0-4 with a DS) will be honored with a "golden sombrero" and you are expected to put it in either your avatar or signature. You are also granted admittance into the "golden sombrero club".

As a wrinkle, the yearly winner will be allowed to designate the signature or avatar for any other regular player of their choice who must keep that signature / avatar for 4 weeks. Regular players is defined as a person who has played at least 10 weeks.

Example of a weekly post (I'm using the final week of last years)

TN @ UK (5.5)
Arkansas (9.5) @ LSU
Alabama @ Auburn (7.5)
Ohio St (8.5) @ Michigan
Ga @ Ga Tech (pick' em)
Tie breaker - total points in the UK/TN game.

My picks would be listed as
UK
LSU
tfp
Michigan
Ga (DS)

you make your picks based on those lines. UK must win or lose by 5 pts or less. The actual score was 7-10 for UK. Add 5.5 to UK so the adjusted score was UK 15.5 to UT 7. Correct pick UK
Game two, the actual score was 41-17 for LSU. Adjusted score would have been 41-28.5. Correct pick would be LSU
Game three, the actual score was 42-14 for AL. Adjusted score would have been 42-21.5. Correct pick AL
Game four, the actual score was 34-40 Michigan. Adjusted score would have been 42.5-40 Ohio St so the correct pick was tOSU despite them not winning.
Game five, the actual score was 31-17 for GA. Adjusted score was have been 31-17 for GA. Correct pick GA.
Tie breaker was 17 (10+7)

based on the example picks I would have recieved a 4 pts (I went 3-1 but got the DS correct so that game counted double).

Understand?

Doc
08-25-2012, 09:11 PM
please pin.....

also note, any questions don't hesitate to post. Also I'm reasonable on scoring. Its suppose to be a fun game so if you get your picks in after a game starts, don't sweat it so long as you don't know how the game is going. I believe in the honor system among friends.