PDA

View Full Version : Shoes on the other foot now.

DanISSELisdaman
01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/02/newspaper-hires-armed-guards-after-publishing-gun-own

CitizenBBN
01-02-2013, 08:28 PM
What? I thought guns were dangerous in their community and they're paying people from New York to come into their neighborhood with them? You mean all guns aren't dangerous but some may actually increase people's safety?

It says they originally said they were going to publish more. First I wonder if they will reconsider, and second this is why gun owners are so against registration databases.

This is the 2nd paper to make use of these databases at the state level to put carry permit holders and gun owners at personal risk and even put at risk those who aren't listed b/c now you know they're defenseless. It's a terrifying prospect and why many gun owners are also afraid of background checks on private sales. Not only does the government know whose doors to knock on first, when some do gooders get the data they'll make sure the criminals know too.

Ironic b/c I'm betting these guys are all about privacy rights for stuff they like. I love the idea of putting the pens and cameras back in the faces of the media. Esp these guys. Hope they come up with more to do to them.

DanISSELisdaman
01-02-2013, 09:48 PM
They're just doing what news agencies do best...promoting the liberal agenda. I'm sick to death of news agencies that wont report the truth, but just fabricate the news to suit themselves. They should be held accountable.

KeithKSR
01-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Thought it was funny upon the release of names how man of the defenseless were incensed by the release of info that showed they had no protection from intruders.