PDA

View Full Version : Are you giving up anything for Lent?

KSRBEvans
03-06-2019, 10:09 AM
I'm giving up driving to work. I have a vanpool I can ride but I have to get up earlier and get home later, plus it's not as comfortable as my vehicle. So I usually don't ride it. But I save about 3 gallons of gas and wear and tear on the car every time I ride the vanpool, so I need to do it. So I'm going to ride the van and give up my personal ride.

CitizenBBN
03-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Exercise.

blueboss
03-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Sweets, including, ice cream, cookies, cakes, pies, candy, pastries, pop cycles... basically processed sugar.

For me, it’s really hard, I do enjoy my desserts and snacks. Bonus, I’ll drop a few pounds too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catonahottinroof
03-07-2019, 06:02 AM
Stress...

MickintheHam
03-07-2019, 06:20 AM
I have made a lot of lifestyle changes over the last year. For lent I will fast and focus on penance.

Doc
03-07-2019, 11:16 AM
sleep

BigBluePappy
03-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Self denial.

Just kidding.
Even as a Baptist, I try to make sure I give up something.
I will fast one day of the week (have to be careful doing that, Type II) and I give up sodas, no more Coke Zero for a while for Pap.

CitizenBBN
03-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Seriously I don't know. Should give up something, but I've already given up everything but sex, drugs, booze and gambling. My life is so clean I'm running out of things to sacrifice.

blueboss
03-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Seriously I don't know. Should give up something, but I've already given up everything but sex, drugs, booze and gambling. My life is so clean I'm running out of things to sacrifice.

I might suggest lettuce, and I’m not just saying plain lettuce, I’m talk’n about making it a real sacrifice, and including, iceberg, romain, and loose leaf. I can’t imagine the weight it will add to your burden, but someone has to lead the way...

suncat05
03-08-2019, 09:53 AM
I'm still trying to decide. But I'm going to take some time and give it some thought. I
I've set a target date of April 22.

CitizenBBN
03-08-2019, 03:19 PM
I might suggest lettuce, and I’m not just saying plain lettuce, I’m talk’n about making it a real sacrifice, and including, iceberg, romain, and loose leaf. I can’t imagine the weight it will add to your burden, but someone has to lead the way...

Funny enough I really like salads. Maybe I could work up to it and start with liver. I hate liver. I could give that up this year and next year maybe give up turnips or beets or something.

Lfbj00
03-15-2019, 05:18 AM
I’ve given up soft drinks and candy snacks. I prettt much live off of Diet Mountain Dews, so after 2 days I felt like I had a building sitting on my head from caffeine withdrawals. But I’m starting to sleep a little better now, and I’ve even halfway developed a taste for water!!