PDA

View Full Version : 2nd question for bigsky relatred to the Kanter thread

dan_bgblue
02-15-2019, 06:17 AM
How is the FBI different from the anti terrorism unit? Both are federal law enforcement departments are they not? If they can eject one why not the other? I am showing my ignorance here but that does not outweigh my curiosity.

bigsky
02-15-2019, 07:20 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oregonlive.com/portland/2019/02/citing-deep-distrust-portland-pulls-from-fbi-anti-terror-panel.html%3foutputType=amp

I dont know. Seems like the FBI has a subsection that is anti terror. Probably has a really robust cooperation with state and locals in New York city.

You know the ranchers got charged for that small fire under anti terrorism laws, a severe breach of justice by a federal prosecutor. All that led to the wildlife refuge takeover.

This seems like a “foreign terrorists are people too” move by Portlands Mayor, but you never know how heavy handed an individual office might get.

I just think Enes could be a terrorism target and it is unfortunate the two events happen at the sametime.

dan_bgblue
02-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the link. That answered my question and cleared up some others i may have asked.

I guess that the population of Portland is made up of an odd lot of people that would rather protect the perceived rights of a few versus the legitimate rights and safety of the vast majority. A terrorist attack on a popular public building at the right time of the day could kill or seriously injure hundreds of innocent citizens of the northwest. The sad thing is that the attack stood a better than even chance of never happening had the anti terrorism unit still been in the area doing their jobs.