PDA

View Full Version : We lost our little Yuki today!

suncat05
12-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Our little chihuahua Yuki crossed the Rainbow Bridge today at the age of 18.
She had been having heart problems in addition to just being a sweet old lady.
She climbed up on the couch and sat next to me this morning, which was unusual for her to do. I loved on her the whole time she sat next to me. I'm so glad we had those last moments together. I guess she knew her time was near.
My son saw her go into her crate, and he called me because he thought something didn't seem right with her demeanor. She was laying on her favorite blanket as we pulled her out of the crate. She took her last breath in my son's arms.
We both cried hard. She was a special little dog, had endured a lot of travails in her life until she came to us. Now she's with her sissy Pinky.
Dogs leave paw prints on our hearts forever....

BigBluePappy
12-25-2018, 04:13 PM
I am so sorry, suncat.

suncat05
12-25-2018, 04:15 PM
Appreciate ya Pappy!

UKFlounder
12-25-2018, 04:39 PM
So sad. It iss so tough to deal with a loss like that. Our little buddies are so special

Doc
12-25-2018, 06:41 PM
18 is a long life. Remember the positive 18 years

kingcat
12-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Sounds like you were blessed with a long and special friendship. It’s fitting that if you had to part it would be when we celebrate Gods promise fulfilled.
I have no doubt you will see your friend again

God bless you guys

Darrell KSR
12-25-2018, 08:16 PM
So sorry, Suncat.

suncat05
12-26-2018, 02:03 AM
Thank you, guys.
I have some solace knowing that the last thing she saw before she left was my son and me, so that she knew she was not all alone.
Before she came to us she had endured some tough situations in her life. I am satisfied with the knowledge that her time with us was happy and that she knew she was loved.

Catfan73
12-26-2018, 07:37 AM
Sorry Suncat! It sounds like she knew it was time and was trying to give some comfort to you and your son.

Doc
12-26-2018, 07:20 PM
I had two long patients that I had to put down today. One an 18 year old and one a 16 year old that I had been their primary care provider for nearly their entire lives. Makes for a tough day

suncat05
12-27-2018, 02:14 AM
I had two long patients that I had to put down today. One an 18 year old and one a 16 year old that I had been their primary care provider for nearly their entire lives. Makes for a tough day

So sorry to hear that, Doc. Even though your relationship with them was more professional than personal, I am sure that it is still a tough situation for you, day in and day out.
My son and I talked on & off all day about our Yuki and her bigger-than-life personality, about all the cute and sweet things that she did that made our lives so much better. We laughed more than we cried. But we still cried.
I miss that little baby so much already.

There are many reasons why dogs are called "man's best friend". And God put them here to be just that.

bigsky
12-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Sorry. They break your heart. But the years of love are worth it. I have a jackhuahua that is part terrier tough guy and 2/3 love sponge.