PDA

View Full Version : Have a beer with anybody?

Doc
12-23-2018, 01:13 PM
If you could have a beer with any living person, who wouldnbn it be and why?

I would probably share a cold one (or two) with Slowhand himself, Eric Clapton. I would love to hear his life story. I read his autobiography and it is fascinating but I imagine it is only the tip of the iceberg. Poverty, family strife, addiction, loss of a child, incredible talent, etc.

The second person would be Ben Shapiro

KentuckyWildcat
12-23-2018, 05:19 PM
Interesting choices. Big Ben Shapiro fan, but no desire to have a drink with him.

I'll have to think on this one. I'd want someone older so I could learn from their experiences.

kingcat
12-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Charles Barkley and Warren Buffet

Doc
12-23-2018, 09:32 PM
Barkley would be fun, no doubt.

dan_bgblue
12-23-2018, 10:22 PM
Geisha Williams and Deanna Mulligan

PedroDaGr8
12-24-2018, 01:34 AM
Johnny Cash and Tupac Shakur, both shared the same outlaw counter-culture ethos but from 100% polar opposite formative directions. For me, a close third, would be Hunter S. Thompson. In the end, I love seeing the world through a lens different than my own (even if I don't agree with it).

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Doc
12-24-2018, 05:57 AM
Johnny Cash and Tupac Shakur, both shared the same outlaw counter-culture ethos but from 100% polar opposite formative directions. For me, a close third, would be Hunter S. Thompson. In the end, I love seeing the world through a lens different than my own (even if I don't agree with it).

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

All are dead. Its living person

Catfan73
12-24-2018, 06:19 AM
Jeff Bezos. Just so I could say I had a beer with the most powerful person in America.

Doc
12-24-2018, 08:03 AM
And I do realize I would be drinking alone since Clapton is decades into sobriety.

kingcat
12-24-2018, 09:15 AM
Also Paul and Ringo

KeithKSR
12-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Interesting choices. Big Ben Shapiro fan, but no desire to have a drink with him.

I'll have to think on this one. I'd want someone older so I could learn from their experiences.

Ben would definitely get carded, guy looks younger than he is.

CitizenBBN
12-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Emily Ratajkowski. You never know, maybe I've got a chance.

BigBluePappy
12-24-2018, 03:15 PM
Beer is probably out of the question, but maybe a cold glass of buttermilk and some cornbread...
Tim Riley.

CitizenBBN
12-24-2018, 03:43 PM
BTW, my serious answer is Donald Trump.

Not b/c I particularly admire him, but he's a walking conundrum. At one hand massively egotistical and prone to utter childishness, but yet there are many who report him as being generous and other positive things in person and clearly he's very successful and that's not going to happen if he were just a child all the time. He's a mystery in many ways, and I'd be curious to meet him and try to find out what is real and what is a persona.

Like him, hate him or don't care, he's surely one of the more intriguing living modern figures.

KentuckyWildcat
12-24-2018, 05:38 PM

Not b/c I particularly admire him, but he's a walking conundrum. At one hand massively egotistical and prone to utter childishness, but yet there are many who report him as being generous and other positive things in person and clearly he's very successful and that's not going to happen if he were just a child all the time. He's a mystery in many ways, and I'd be curious to meet him and try to find out what is real and what is a persona.

Like him, hate him or don't care, he's surely one of the more intriguing living modern figures.Any living President would be great. And likely my picks.

As for Trump, O'Reilly was trying to help Trump's imagine during the campaign. Brought up a generous story about him flying a girl in his private plane, I think for health reasons. Trump totally ignored him and wouldn't discuss it. Tells me he likely did it for the right reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Doc
12-24-2018, 07:30 PM

Like him, hate him or don't care, he's surely one of the more intriguing living modern figures.

I can understand that. I often said I could see having a cold one with Obama despite sharing nothing political about him. Heck, I'd enjoy having a few with slick Willy so long as Crooked Hillary didnt tag along. We could talk cigars and dry cleaning

badrose
12-25-2018, 09:34 AM
My brother who was shot dead in 1984 the day after Thanksgiving.

Darrell KSR
12-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Lot more choices if living or dead, but you made the question difficult.

I've had drinks before with Barkley many years ago by happenstance, and it was a blast, so I'd be tempted to do it again.

Otherwise, I'd be tempted to go with one of my crushes growing up like Valerie Bertinelli, who seems to have a fun personality too.

If not that direction, I might go with somebody like John Grisham, and maybe he'd inspire me to write. Let me know how he did it and got out of practicing law. That would be fun.

Or some uber-wealthy person that I might want to pitch being hired at an exorbitant salary and benefits.

Or a bunch of guys here. I've had more fun having a beverage with KSR folks than just about anybody over the years. I don't want to start naming, but they've all been good and I would love a repeat and/or one I haven't had the pleasure of yet.

CitizenBBN
12-26-2018, 12:23 AM
If you get a deal on the billionaire thing keep me in mind.

MickintheHam
12-26-2018, 02:18 PM
Shawn Ball!!

If you are talking celebrities or the famous, I would like to talk to two South Carolinians — Trey Gowdy and Tim Scott over some brews I want them to discuss their book and for Scott to discuss specifically his comment take on Trump. I think his comments that Trump is not racist, just racially insensitive is a fascinating take.

Doc
12-26-2018, 02:26 PM
Shawn Ball!!

If you are talking celebrities or the famous, I would like to talk to two South Carolinians — Trey Gowdy and Tim Scott over some brews I want them to discuss their book and for Scott to discuss specifically his comment take on Trump. I think his comments that Trump is not racist, just racially insensitive is a fascinating take.

So long as you don't take her home afterwards.....

MickintheHam
12-26-2018, 05:24 PM
So long as you don't take her home afterwards.....

Haha!

blueboss
12-26-2018, 10:20 PM
Tough question, now.

When I was younger and Pat Riley was coaching the Lakers, I always wanted to go to a game with Jack and sit court side, then after the game go to dinner with them at Spago.

I missed Rick Hall,he passed away earlier this year. I can’t imagine what all he’d have to say with knowing who all passed through Muscle Shoals.

I think for me now, Buzz Aldrin might have some interesting stories worth hearing.

... but, it’s definitely a question worth a great deal of thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc
12-27-2018, 12:41 PM
FYI, part II will be "dead person"
Part III will be "deceased relative"