PDA

View Full Version : Cal shoots down rumor.

DanISSELisdaman
12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.coachcal.com/19455/2012/12/how-to-coach-young-players/

dan_bgblue
12-28-2012, 03:47 PM
With that being said, I’ve got a great job at the University of Kentucky and I have no interest in any other job. I love my job.

Apparently not everyone listens or believes him when he says this. He has said it many times before

DanISSELisdaman
12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Exactly Dan!

dan_bgblue
12-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Just a couple of points for the debate.

If he was not on a mission to make millionaires out of 19 year olds, he would quit recruiting one and done players and build a team of 2-3-4 year players. A lot less work for him and the satisfaction of spending more time with his family. I think he is on a mission to improve the lot for the players and not just in signing huge contracts in the NBA.

Does he have a wish to prove himself at the highest level? I think he could be a great NBA coach with the right team and players. A veteran team that already knows how to play the game and he is just around to keep the morale up and design some plays that fit the players would suit him fine. If it is a young building team he might get fired the first year due to revolt from the newly minted millionaires. It is a crap shoot for him as he has no idea what the GM will do in trades and draft choices after he gets there.

He knows he can do either, stay at UK or go to the NBA on almost any day he chooses. I think the job he has now suits him to a T, and I hope he continues to feel that way.