PDA

View Full Version : Great Game Show Moment: Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Darrell KSR
12-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Have seen this before, saw it on twitter today, and thought I'd relive it. Love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyLoUEgKg9M

Catfan73
12-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Pretty cool but that wasn’t the hardest question in the world.

CitizenBBN
12-17-2018, 12:35 AM
That question is easy as heck IMO to be the final question. Nixon's "Sock it to me?" Moment on Laugh IN was credited by many pundits as what may have gotten him over the hump in the election. It showed that he actually had some kind of humorous side in there somewhere, maybe, possibly. he was the stiffest guy on Earth even by that era's standards. Laugh IN was a massive hit, and his cameo was a huge deal.

It's arguably the most memorable moment in his campaign, and other than policy issues I'd say that and the Checkers speech are the two most memorable events of his on TV.

Now, that being said, it's beside the point. the cool thing is this guy was cool as liquid oxygen, using his lifeline to call his parents just to sport the fact he was nailing the question.

it was a way easy question for a final question in that gameshow, but I really love his moxy. it aint' showing off if you back it up. Guy has style and if I just made a million dollars in a day I'm going to style too.

Doc
12-18-2018, 09:47 AM
That question is easy as heck IMO to be the final question. Nixon's "Sock it to me?" Moment on Laugh IN was credited by many pundits as what may have gotten him over the hump in the election. It showed that he actually had some kind of humorous side in there somewhere, maybe, possibly. he was the stiffest guy on Earth even by that era's standards. Laugh IN was a massive hit, and his cameo was a huge deal.

It's arguably the most memorable moment in his campaign, and other than policy issues I'd say that and the Checkers speech are the two most memorable events of his on TV.

Now, that being said, it's beside the point. the cool thing is this guy was cool as liquid oxygen, using his lifeline to call his parents just to sport the fact he was nailing the question.

it was a way easy question for a final question in that gameshow, but I really love his moxy. it aint' showing off if you back it up. Guy has style and if I just made a million dollars in a day I'm going to style too.

Yep. Only "stiffer" politician was Clinton. But I think his stiffness was different.