PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a new handgun today, impulse buy

Darrell KSR
11-27-2018, 08:49 PM
At least, impulse for me.

Got a flyer on a Walther Creed 9mm, 16+1 being sold online for a great price. Read several glowing reviews, went to see one in person, loved the look and feel, and bought it.

It fit my mentality of all function, no frills. Everybody is different, but I detest external safeties on my defense weapons. I don't want to have to think about on or off in a tense moment. Three internal safeties, nice magazine release, nice ergonomic grip that isn't too aggressive for my soft hands lol, and easy to rack with cocking serrations in the front and back. Pre-cooked hammer. Easy to break down. Three dot metal sights. Metal rail for accessories. Just love it.

May not be the James Bond version but I really like it. And about half the price of a Glock I love it. I think my wife will shoot it if needed, which was a prime consideration as well.

KentuckyWildcat
11-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Bought a complete AR9 lower over the weekend. Hope to get the upper before Christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

suncat05
11-28-2018, 09:30 AM
They look like good guns, but this is one I've not had a chance to put my hands on and actually 'eyeball'. But if it was cheaper than a Glock, and it being a Walther, it is very likely a good buy. Congratulations! And Merry Christmas to you, sir! 👍 😉

Darrell KSR
11-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Thanks, Suncat. I am looking forward to its arrival.

dan_bgblue
11-28-2018, 04:49 PM
How do they pre-cook the hammer?

Darrell KSR
11-28-2018, 04:51 PM
350° for 30 minutes?
How do they pre-cook the hammer?

Darrell KSR
12-17-2018, 11:55 AM
Man, I like this gun. Now I need to go shoot it. Maybe I can shoot it as well as this guy ;).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cslHRLOEc8