PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant Voters or Ignorant Gun Owners...

Stoop Dogg
12-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Who do you think is most harmful for America... or most damaging to our way of life?

If there could only be one, which of the two "ignorant" choices, would you rather be allowed to exorcise their rights?

Personally, I'd rather be surrounded by ignorant gun owners... and America's future would be much brighter. "Intelligent" gun owners can defend/protect themselves, their family and their neighbors from the actions of "ignorant" gun owners... but when it comes to ignorant "voters", none of us are safe. We cannot protect ourselves from the kind of harm that is caused by an ignorant voter.

Not that any of this matters... just wanting to see where most people stand on the two options. (just for fun of course) :4chsmu1:

CattyWampus
12-27-2012, 06:02 AM
Your post put a smile on my face because I agree with your point. However, don't you know that the ignorant voter should be referred to as a "low information voter"? Surely, you didn't mean to offend those whose knowledge of the issues is non-existent. :-)

suncat05
12-27-2012, 06:33 AM
+1 for both of youse guys!! :unworthy:

Stoop Dogg
12-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Your post put a smile on my face because I agree with your point. However, don't you know that the ignorant voter should be referred to as a "low information voter"? Surely, you didn't mean to offend those whose knowledge of the issues is non-existent. :-)

You make a valid point as well... so I stand "politically" corrected. haha

Having conceded that, I don't think anyone should be offended being labeled "ignorant". From what I understand, it pretty much means exactly what your "politically correct" version is suggesting. (lacking the required level of information or knowledge, to (confidently) exorcise an "educated" vote. Hell, but then again... I may be ignorant of the word "ignorant". lol

Truth be told... I thought I WAS being politically correct (and nice) by using my choice of words. The words "stupid" and "dumbass" came to mind first. :happy0005:

Btw, I love your kind of sarcasm... very witty! :trink39:

CitizenBBN
12-27-2012, 08:32 AM

Got a memo on this last week. It is now "democracy impaired." Also "search and destroy" is now "sweep and clear". :)

CitizenBBN
12-27-2012, 08:35 AM
FWIW George Carlin was right. We keep making stuff softer with more words. In WWI it was "shell shock". just what it described, was clear what it meant. In WWII it was "battle fatigue". Little longer, nicer b/c "shock" is replaced with "fatigue", just sort of a tired feeling really. By Vietnam it's "post traumatic stress disorder." No idea what it means on the face of it, sounds like something you take a pill for and it's all good.

Stoop Dogg
12-27-2012, 10:55 AM
I was always a big fan of George Carlin. I didn't always agree with his views... but respected his convictions. He was as real as they come.

Stoop Dogg
12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
nm

Doc
12-27-2012, 11:38 AM
If the OP was a legitimate question then my answer would be voters since that is what he have now and ignorant voters won't kill you. I can do things to minimize how an ignorant voters affects my life but a bullet in my chest due to an ignorant gun owner is a bit more permanent and I have less influence on how it affects my life. I would hope that any responsible gun owner would agree.

Of course there are a whole lot more of the ignorant voters than ignorant gun owners!

Darrell KSR
12-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Agree with Doc. If the numbers were the same, I'd say ignorant gun owners would be worse for America. Fortunately, there are not that many of those. There are MILLIONS of ignorant voters.

bigsky
12-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Ignorant voters by far. The power to tax and regulate and legislate is the power of the gun. If you don't pay up and get in line, people with guns will come after you.

KeithKSR
12-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Ignorant voters are far more dangerous, the gun owners aren't placing our economy in peril; but the politicians elected definitely have done so.

I think Bill O'Reilly was spot on in his observations after the election, people voted for the candidate they thought would get them "stuff" for free. They therefore voted for the candidate who was going to give them "stuff" they wanted. Unfortunately we taxpayers get stuck with the bill for all the "stuff" others are getting.

Stoop Dogg
12-31-2012, 05:09 PM
Sad but true
Ignorant voters are far more dangerous, the gun owners aren't placing our economy in peril; but the politicians elected definitely have done so.

I think Bill O'Reilly was spot on in his observations after the election, people voted for the candidate they thought would get them "stuff" for free. They therefore voted for the candidate who was going to give them "stuff" they wanted. Unfortunately we taxpayers get stuck with the bill for all the "stuff" others are getting.

CitizenBBN
12-31-2012, 05:24 PM
I'll take ignorant gun owners, even in the same number as ignorant voters.

If "ignorant" means criminal that's different, but just ignorant gun owners, even 10s of millions, aren't going to wound or kill a substantially large number of people other than themselves. Ignorant doesn't mean they'll be walking around in malls accidentally pulling the trigger over and over.

They may be shooting themselves or their dog while cleaning the gun, but the chance of them hurting me or mine is extremely low. The chance of a bunch of ignorant voters voting in a government that will hurt me and mine is apparently 100%.

Besides, those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither. Ignorant gun owners might lower my security slightly, ignorant voters are stripping me of my liberty in wholesale fashion.