PDA

View Full Version : prayers please

jazyd
12-25-2012, 03:01 PM
A year ago I suspected a good friend and my doctor has Parkinsons, last thurs he retired from practice and finally told me that yes he does have it and has had it for 5 years but it is getting tot he point he didn't want to hurt anyone in surgery so he retired. He has tremors in his right hand, his walk is getting more to a small shuffle and his face has become slightly more rigid.
Another friend told me on Fri he thinks he also has it, tremors in his right hand and a parent that died from it.
Having watched what a friend in Paducah, a dentist, went thru for years with it, I hate to see what these two face in the future. New meds help but not a cure. What it does to the body is horrible, I think Micks mom died from it.

truecatsfan
12-25-2012, 04:56 PM
My dad has had Parkinsons for about 6 years now. Its awful to watch somebody you love not to beable to conrtol there bodys. He is so imbarresd by it he wont go around people when he is eating. Meds do very little to help them. I will keep your friend in my prayers.

BigBluePappy
12-25-2012, 06:32 PM
You got em jazyd.
Horrible disease for anybody to go through.

suncat05
12-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Prayers offered up.

I worry about this myself, mainly because I used to fight(as in boxing)and I wasn't exactly Ali, if you guys know what I mean. And then there was that really bad concussion I suffered on a night jump while I was in the Army. The thought of not being able to hold a weapon steady and not being able to engage in any shooting sports makes me............uneasy, to say the least.

jazyd
12-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys, I know they appreciate it as I do. They are both very close to me as friends for a long time.
Truecats, there is a new med that came out this year that is supposed to help alot according to the sales rep for the company. I know one of the friends has had it for 5 years and I didn't notice until last year with the tremors. It is ugly to see
And Suncat, hopefully nothing will come of it for you, I pray it wont'.

Darrell KSR
12-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Will do. One day maybe we can get these diseases under control; maybe that new medication Jazy mentions will begin the process.

MickintheHam
12-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Prayers offered up.

I worry about this myself, mainly because I used to fight(as in boxing)and I wasn't exactly Ali, if you guys know what I mean. And then there was that really bad concussion I suffered on a night jump while I was in the Army. The thought of not being able to hold a weapon steady and not being able to engage in any shooting sports makes me............uneasy, to say the least.

The most important thing is not to become obsessive about it or to worry. If you are predisposed to developing Parkinson's my understanding that will hasten the onset. My mother had many of the secondary symptoms of the disease along with some moderate tremors. She also suffered a number of small strokes. All of this tended to lead to misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis. But it was balance issues that revealed the disease.

As best you can, file all of your history in deep memory or better still, give your history to your doctor and family members. Let them follow any symptoms they see in you. Then don't worry. Most likely others will see it in you before you come to grips with recognizing it.

jimbo4uk
12-30-2012, 09:21 PM
I'll definitely keep him in my prayers. My dad also has Parkinsons. The medication he takes helps with the tremors, but it causes him to be very robotic in his movements. It is difficult to watch the slow progression of the disease and its effects.

MickintheHam
12-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Jimbo best wishes to your entire family. May God give you the strength to get through the tough times.

CGWildcat
12-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Prayers for your friend Jazy along with others affected by such a terrible disease!

blueboss
12-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Prayers and best wishes JZ they obviously have a great friend in you.