PDA

View Full Version : Bless the military, the medical providers & our police

Darrell KSR
12-25-2012, 09:32 AM
For all of those that serve the public, and are doing so even today, may God's blessings return to you manyfold what you give to all of us.

Missing my oldest daughter today, who is working in a hospital on a volunteer shift so somebody could be home with their family. Niki is in another state from her family today serving those with at risk births where precious life is so precarious. Suncat, Coastie, and others have served and are serving us all through their dedication to the public. Many thousands of our military are stationed throughout the world and cannot be home with their families today.

Thank you all. Merry Christmas, and God Bless.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

jazyd
12-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Amen Darrell and after what happened to them yesterday prayers are needed even more. Lost way too many police and fire yesterday in shootings. And for the military they need our prayers daily with what they face.

Sounds like your wife raised a good girl. :)

For all of those that serve the public, and are doing so even today, may God's blessings return to you manyfold what you give to all of us.

Missing my oldest daughter today, who is working in a hospital on a volunteer shift so somebody could be home with their family. Niki is in another state from her family today serving those with at risk births where precious life is so precarious. Suncat, Coastie, and others have served and are serving us all through their dedication to the public. Many thousands of our military are stationed throughout the world and cannot be home with their families today.

Thank you all. Merry Christmas, and God Bless.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

suncat05
12-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Thankfully, I have a "day job" now and only work any holidays if necessary. But through the years, both in the Army and being a law enforcement officer I have certainly missed more than a few holidays, birthdays, bar-be-ques, parties, etc. Thankfully, my daughter is home for Christmas this year on break from nursing school, and I am enjoying both of my kids being here.
I know it will not always be like this year, so I am especially thankful for this family time. I wish my Mom & Dad were both here to enjoy this time with us too, but they have already been called "Home" to be with Him up above.
I can honestly tell you all this.......... I do not regret having served one bit in any capacity that I have worked in. I have even volunteered to work for several officers over the years so that they could spend time with their families when I was not married and did not have the family I have now. It was worth it, and I would not change a thing in that regard. It was just the right thing to do.
I hope this finds all of you safe and sound and enjoying your time with your families! God bless you, and Merry CHRISTmas to each and every one of you guys!

jazyd
12-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Bless you Suncat, we need more like you

suncat05
12-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I just did what I thought was right jazy. I'm just another guy, certainly nobody special. And most of those guys that I helped through the years would do the same for me. But thank you!

dan_bgblue
12-25-2012, 08:33 PM
I would like to add my thanks as well, and include my wishes for a great day free of job responsibilities so you can enjoy your family without interruption. I know I am late to the game here, but my Mom always said it is the thought that counts.

uklandrn
01-04-2013, 12:46 AM
I just saw this thread - and I would like to say Thank You to everyone who thought of me during the holidays. It is hard being away from all your family especially at Christmas - but it made me feel better to know I was at work and helping some sweet new souls come into the world.

KSRBEvans
01-04-2013, 10:49 AM
My daughter's a Navy E-3 who was lucky enough to get a break in her training and come home for Christmas. It was bittersweet because if she gets assigned to a ship like she wants, this could well be our last Christmas with her for awhile. At the same time, there are many military members around the world who weren't able to be with their loved ones this Christmas, so we realize we were blessed to be with her.

suncat05
01-06-2013, 09:33 AM
My daughter was home on break from school out in the midwest. So, so glad to have her home with us during the holidays.