PDA

View Full Version : Folks in the South be careful of weather today

Darrell KSR
12-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Have not followed it that well yet, but I understand bad weather is coming into Alabama soon. we are supposed to get tornadoes, straight line winds, and large hail starting about noon. That usually means folks in Mississippi and Louisiana have had the bad weather first, and it will continue to the East Coast.

stay safe while you are enjoying this blessed holiday.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

ColonelSteve
12-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Watching local TV they have a graphic for a Winter Storm Warning just north of Louisville...theyre supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow tonight...sure we'll get something

Darrell KSR
12-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Be careful there, too!

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

CitizenBBN
12-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Keeps saying Lexington will be OK, but I keep finding that hard to believe.

MickintheHam
12-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Looks as though there will be heavy accumulations of snow in the Kentucky Lake area.

ColonelSteve
12-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Be careful...reading numerous tornado reports in Texas and Louisiana...Indy is now under a blizzard warning

bigsky
12-25-2012, 01:48 PM
You've been dreaming of a white Christmas? We had one in Morton's Gap when I was living there. I went and picked up some of the dinner guests with my Montana "winter continental divide commute capable" vehicle. Only three of many attending now alive and we are all a bit tenuous. Auld Lang Syne and I'm wistful for that day. Maybe, and I hope, a bit of blizzard adds to your day, and you're making nothing but good memories.

jazyd
12-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Big straight line winds are now hitting metro Jackson area, up to 70MPH, and tons of rain all day, flash flood warnings, severe Tstorm warnings all day. South Miss and South La are getting hammered also. Heading to Ala for late this afternoon and tonight.
We are supposed to leave in the am for St Louis but that is way up in the air right now. Looks like snow may be less than expected.