PDA

View Full Version : Christmas, and under my tree, "deep remission".

bigsky
12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
To update for those who responded earlier or read my Thanksgiving post. Those are the words of the Doctor, "deep remission". Don't know if I told you, he showed up in Bozeman about three months before I needed to meet him, the hemo-oncologist, PhD from Harvard, Ohio State grad who wears his OSU dress shirt every friday and will talk smack about football or basketball.

So I started chemotherapy on Halloween and I'm done with treatments. I'm better than I have been in six years, and planning on a sip or two of drinking whiskey at tonight's 23rd annual Krauss Christmas Eve party.

Anyway, that's the update. Waiting for lymphocytes and red blood cells to recover, but nutraphils, (spelling?) a particular white blood cell that is the bellweather sign of leukemic "neutropenia", is normal. My chem panel straight normal, something that hasn't been since I painted locomotives with mutagenic paint and drank like a fish after second shift was over, uh, thirty years ago. My "sero negative rheumatoid arthritis" gone after six years of serial rheumatologist visits, because I never had it, just my disease mimic-ing the symptoms.

I hope you all have as great a Christmas as I will have this year. I've been given quite the stocking stuffer.

PedroDaGr8
12-24-2012, 10:55 AM
To update for those who responded earlier or read my Thanksgiving post. Those are the words of the Doctor, "deep remission". Don't know if I told you, he showed up in Bozeman about three months before I needed to meet him, the hemo-oncologist, PhD from Harvard, Ohio State grad who wears his OSU dress shirt every friday and will talk smack about football or basketball.

So I started chemotherapy on Halloween and I'm done with treatments. I'm better than I have been in six years, and planning on a sip or two of drinking whiskey at tonight's 23rd annual Krauss Christmas Eve party.

Anyway, that's the update. Waiting for lymphocytes and red blood cells to recover, but nutraphils, (spelling?) a particular white blood cell that is the bellweather sign of leukemic "neutropenia", is normal. My chem panel straight normal, something that hasn't been since I painted locomotives with mutagenic paint and drank like a fish after second shift was over, uh, thirty years ago. My "sero negative rheumatoid arthritis" gone after six years of serial rheumatologist visits, because I never had it, just my disease mimic-ing the symptoms.

I hope you all have as great a Christmas as I will have this year. I've been given quite the stocking stuffer.
I don't think that you could ask for a better present. That I amazing amazing news. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

KSRdallen
12-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Great news, Jeff. Here's hoping for continued great news in the New Year. Happy Holidays!

CitizenBBN
12-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Awesome news Jeff. Heck of a Christmas present.

Darrell KSR
12-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Very, very good news, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

suncat05
12-24-2012, 02:43 PM
I guess our prayers have been answered! But we'll keep praying, as we don't want you leaving us just yet!
Great news, bigsky! Merry CHRISTmas! :sHa_clap2:

BigBluePappy
12-24-2012, 05:04 PM
+1

Continued prayers and you keep getting better!

I guess our prayers have been answered! But we'll keep praying, as we don't want you leaving us just yet!
Great news, bigsky! Merry CHRISTmas! :sHa_clap2:

DanISSELisdaman
12-24-2012, 06:07 PM
That is great news bigsky! Here's hoping you have a great Christmas!

truecatsfan
12-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Health is the best present in the world. Merry Christmas and God bless

badrose
12-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Just awesome news, Jeff! Just in time for Christmas too. God bless you and you family.

MickintheHam
12-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Sky, Words can't describe how happy I am with your good news. It's a victory in life's battles. I know this will be a veryMeryChristmas! I hope it is but one of about three dozen or so.

jazyd
12-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Jeff a total answer to prayers from your UK brothers. God has given you new life, enjoy your family on this wonderful birthday of Jesus. I am very happy for you

ShoesSwayedBlue
12-24-2012, 11:30 PM
That's such a beautiful thing for you and your family. Hallejuah!!

uklandrn
12-25-2012, 07:35 AM
There is nothing that makes me happier than hearing a fellow UK fan is kicking cancer's butt!! Merry Christmas to you Jeff - and may each day be better and better. I know all too well the watch on the neutrophils and leukocytes and chem panels (OH MY!) - so don't over do it too much - but please drink a sip or two of whiskey for me as I am stuck here at work and in Seattle without any family. God bless you!

dan_bgblue
12-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks very much for sharing the update with us. You are a long way from where you were, and it makes me very happy that you are doing so well. As for that sip or two, I really hope you have some excellent KY Bourbon in the cabinet.

Merry Christmas to you and your Family!!

Catfan73
12-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Awesome news! I'll raise a glass in your direction, as I happen to be sipping some fine bourbon right now. ;)

Doc
12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Include me in the group that is very happy to hear the news.

kritikalcat
12-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Awesome news, and Christmas present

KSRBEvans
12-27-2012, 11:33 AM
:trink39:

Here's to you, bigsky! Great news!