PDA

View Full Version : So....my life insurance agent called me today

Darrell KSR
10-22-2018, 11:53 PM
He told me a couple of weeks ago that he quoted me the very best price they had--which beat every other online price, Price Quote, or whatever, and I had another online agent swear to me that after they did the medical exam, "no way, no how" would they honor their price, because she absolutely had the best price anybody could offer.

Anyway, he called me today.

"Mr. Cartwright, I have surprising news."

I cringed.

"Congratulations. You are in excellent shape. The underwriter not only approved your insurance, but they dropped your rate. They have already issued a partial refund. Do you want to increase your coverage, given the rate you've been given, or just keep the policy with the lower premium?"

Normally I'd think it was some sort of scam. Pretty effective, telling somebody that they're getting a better rate than advertised, and then enticing them into buying more, or a longer term policy. But this time their advertised price literally beat everything on the market. (The refund was small.)

Anyway, so that was my "insurance good news" today. I guess that's good. FWIW, my lab results were textbook on all the markers, great blood pressure, heart rate, you name it. I don't feel like I'm in great shape, but the tests disagree. I'm way overweight, but in pretty decent condition, I guess.

CitizenBBN
10-23-2018, 12:04 AM
Does he do commercial real estate in Kentucky? I could really use some better insurance news on that front.

Seems an honest pitch in this case, and great news about your vitals coming back so good.