PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy...Kings have had enough of DeMarcus Cousins

ColonelSteve
12-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Sacramento Kings announce they've suspended DeMarcus Cousins "indefinitely for unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team."
Retweeted by USA TODAY Sports

ColonelSteve
12-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh jeez...apparently he was caught on tape arguing with the head coach Keith Smart...SMH dammit Boogie

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1454715-demarcus-cousins-benched-following-reported-argument-with-keith-smart

Catfan73
12-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Hopefully they'll trade him and he ends up on a decent team with a decent coach.

ColonelSteve
12-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Hopefully they'll trade him and he ends up on a decent team with a decent coach.

NOOOOOOOOO There is a serious movement trying to move the Kings to Louisville...I want him on my team

blueboss
12-22-2012, 08:48 PM
He'd be senior this year under Cal

ColonelSteve
12-22-2012, 08:49 PM
:sad0119:

DanISSELisdaman
12-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Cuz likes to win. He will never be satisfied on a team that loses 75% of it's games.

thedeerehunter
12-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Smart is a Hoosier. Big Cuz has my blessing to verbally abuse him on that premise alone. LOL

thedeerehunter
12-26-2012, 10:02 AM
He'd be senior this year under Cal

I think about this often with guys like Cousins, Wall, MKG, Davis, etc.

Could you imagine a senior DeMarcus Cousins playing against collegiate guys?? Jeebus...

Hell, a senior Eric Bledsoe (one of the lesser-heralded UK kids in the league) would be an All American and unstoppable in college.

Darrell KSR
12-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Unsuspended after 1 game.

He was arguing with the coach in the locker room at halftime. It was not smart (no pun intended), and Coach Smart has been one of Boogie's biggest supporters. I don't blame Sacramento for suspending him a game for that.

This is not unprecedented territory. I was reading Phil Jackson's book, "The Final Season," and he talks about how Shaq and Kobe would backtalk him in the locker room, and argue and fight with other players. A good coach manages those personalities. DeMarcus has a lot of growing up to do, and as I have posted before, he will develop well until age 25, and perhaps a little beyond, in his judgment and reasoning. Expect this kind of thing to reoccur, no matter what his intentions will be.

A good coach, as I said, manages those kind of situations, as Phil Jackson did, and as John Calipari did. I place zero blame on Keith Smart, and I'm not suggesting he's other than a good coach (I really haven't followed him very much), and I think they did the right thing here.