PDA

View Full Version : Pitino follows Boeheim's lead. Suports gun control

dan_bgblue
12-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Linkage (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/21436461/louisvilles-pitino-follows-boeheims-lead-in-gun-control-debate)

"I don't know how anybody can ever close their eyes in those families," Pitino said. "There can be no good that comes out of that except immediate gun control."

Pitino went more political, believing that members of Congress on both sides have been around too long to effect change. If they were doing what's right for the country, he said, the nation "would demand" gun control.

He had little to say about the National Rifle Association, which held a news conference Friday in Washington saying that schools should have armed officers for protection.

"I don't care about those people. They have their own agenda," he said. "I don't respect people who have their own agendas."

CitizenBBN
12-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Linkage (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/21436461/louisvilles-pitino-follows-boeheims-lead-in-gun-control-debate)

"I don't care about those people. They have their own agenda," he said. "I don't respect people who have their own agendas."

Of all the hypocritical, ego aggrandizing things Pitino has said in all these years, this may be the winner.

Guess 10s of millions of gun owners are in the small minded 1% now. Welcome aboard, plenty of room. We put on an addition for last year's Final Four.

PS: Let's try to keep this non-political. May be tough to do and if so we'll move it to the Barber Shop. But I hate to remove a chance to poke at Pitino, if we can do it without getting into the gun debate itself.

Kacat
12-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Lol Pitino is a walking personal agenda. Give me a break.

ukblue
12-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Of course it never occurs to him that he is advocating doing away with a constitutional right. Which one will we get tired of next?

Doc
12-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Of course it never occurs to him that he is advocating doing away with a constitutional right. Which one will we get tired of next?

The right to covet thy neighbor's wife? Or is that a commandment???

CitizenBBN
12-21-2012, 10:33 PM

Health codes aren't Constitutionally guaranteed but he sure doesn't care about them either.

jazyd
12-21-2012, 10:40 PM
We now know for certain printing does not respect himself. Someone should tell the idiot that the state of CT has a ban on assault weapons, didnt help nor will a national ban. If it had been a terrorist they would have been all over the school dist for not protecting the children
And someone needs to tell the idiot the shooter had several pistols

Of all the hypocritical, ego aggrandizing things Pitino has said in all these years, this may be the winner.

Guess 10s of millions of gun owners are in the small minded 1% now. Welcome aboard, plenty of room. We put on an addition for last year's Final Four.

PS: Let's try to keep this non-political. May be tough to do and if so we'll move it to the Barber Shop. But I hate to remove a chance to poke at Pitino, if we can do it without getting into the gun debate itself.

blueboss
12-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Anything to keep a gun out of Joanne's hands.

CitizenBBN
12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Anything to keep a gun out of Joanne's hands.

Or his skanky girlfriends.

Kacat -- it really is so over the top I just don't have the words to capture irony of Pitino not respecting people who have agendas. Seriously, I don't think the English language can do that justice.

StuBleedsBlue2
12-21-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't really care what Pitino thinks, but I do agree with him. So does a majority of the nation. Gun control is going to be just like gay marriage. Laws are going to change and just like no heterosexual people's lives changed in the slightest bit, neither will gun owners.

millsforthree
12-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Cal addressed it in his pregame press conference today. Made points about mental illnesses

CitizenBBN
12-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Cal addressed it in his pregame press conference today. Made points about mental illnesses

Cal realizes he's in Kentucky, one of the most pro-gun states in the country.

The mental health issue goes all the way back to my favorite President, Reagan. He started cutting funds for mental hospitals and letting people out and it began a trend of cutting mental health funding and priority. Regardless of this incident that was never a good thing.

CattyWampus
12-22-2012, 06:23 AM
I don't really care what Pitino thinks, but I do agree with him. So does a majority of the nation. Gun control is going to be just like gay marriage. Laws are going to change and just like no heterosexual people's lives changed in the slightest bit, neither will gun owners.

You had me with the first half of your first sentence and then you went off the rails. How's that gun control working out for you there in Chicago? Do you understand that a law cannot circumvent the Constitution? How do you know what the majority of the nation feels about "gun control" when the issue is framed honestly? Do you understand that Pitino advocates against gun ownership? Listen to his words carefully.

CattyWampus
12-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Cal still needs to better educate himself on the issue. He appears to be clueless regarding the "assault weapons" issue, but overall, I thought he handled it pretty well.

suncat05
12-22-2012, 09:15 AM

"I don't know how anybody can ever close their eyes in those families," Pitino said. "There can be no good that comes out of that except immediate gun control."

Pitino went more political, believing that members of Congress on both sides have been around too long to effect change. If they were doing what's right for the country, he said, the nation "would demand" gun control.

He had little to say about the National Rifle Association, which held a news conference Friday in Washington saying that schools should have armed officers for protection.

LOL! Wow! And I bet it took him less than 15 seconds to say that! :idea:

Catonahottinroof
12-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Maybe if 3 stacks is concerned for children, he should own up to the ones that he's made....:/

CitizenBBN
12-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Maybe if 3 stacks is concerned for children, he should own up to the ones that he's made....:/

He had that one neatly disposed of IIRC. I'm pro-choice, but I'm also anti-hypocrisy.

Rick never respected the people of Kentucky nor our culture or beliefs. He looks down on us all and always has. I cannot find the words to say how happy I am to have Cal. No I don't think he would agree with everything Kentuckians by and large believe, but I think he respects others and their rights to have those opinions and not think we're just backward rednecks for having them.

He's also from mining family so he may be better off on those things than I would guess.