PDA

View Full Version : Non-political...do you wear "matched" gear?

Darrell KSR
09-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Today's run:

New Balance Shoes
Adidas Shorts
Asics Shirt
Nike Hat

Yesterday's:
Asics Shoes
Shorts unknown
Under Armour Shirt
Adidas Hat

Shirt and hat always moisture wicking. I have found no difference in moisture wicking abilities of Nike dri-fit, Adidas Clima-cool, Under Armour or even brands like Starter (which I also have). I perspire a great deal in the sun and so I'm always wearing non-cotton if it's hot.

But the key here is, I'm always mismatched. Do you match your gear? Does it matter if you are just going to go out in public for an hour and exercise, versus wearing sports gear for hours at a time?

kingcat
09-16-2018, 02:45 PM
i wear "Sniffers" exclusively

Doc
09-16-2018, 04:19 PM
nope

Puma socks cuz they are low cuff anklettes that cover my ankle so I dont get a rub spot
reebok shorts
Nike shoes
reebok underwear
calloway shirt

Catfan73
09-16-2018, 04:26 PM
I’m usually in Old Navy shorts and an UnderArmour t-shirt. Socks might be Nike or Adidas. Favorite shoes for this time of year are Speedos.

KentuckyWildcat
09-16-2018, 04:39 PM
Sandals, tube socks, cut off jeans, and a tank top

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
09-16-2018, 09:07 PM
I don't think I own a single thing that is Nike, Addidas, etc. maybe one shirt someone bought me, one of those dry fit things with UK, but I don't care for it really.

I own one old pair of sneakers I only wear on a treadmill, I do have a couple pairs of basketball type shorts around, have owned them forever, wear them sometimes if I'm sitting around the house, which is itself a very rare event.

So maybe 2-3 pieces with their name on it somehow. So I don't even have any gear to match. Everything "summer" stuff like t-shirts, my sandals, cargo shorts, etc. I bought in the Keys. Everything else is jeans, Khakis, saturday nighter shirts, etc. I "match", but not by brand in any way.

kingcat
09-17-2018, 09:13 AM
I wear the most comfortable Sketchers I can find. The rest of me wears what doesn’t have any stench from yesterday..sniffers, iow

Darrell KSR
09-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Glad to see I'm not alone!

KentuckyWildcat
09-17-2018, 01:44 PM
A more serious post...I don't match.

At work, church, weekends, I wear khakis and polo. Just going to Walmart or some place, shorts/jeans and a t-shirt. Fitness, it is basketball shorts of various brands. Nike, Adidas, starter, And1, probably others.

My tshirts (see political thread) are rarely name brand. I wear some small company stuff and some custom print softball and church shirts I've acquired over the years.

Shoes, I've been mostly wearing Boombah lately.

KSRBEvans
09-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Went to physical therapy today in New Balance shoes. Gold Toe athletic socks, Champion shorts & a non-branded t-shirt. I own ASICS running shoes, a Nike/Disney Cruise Line Cool Fit golf hat and Head socks. For some reason I don't own any Adidas gear, but it's coincidental. I just go with what's comfortable, lasts well & doesn't cost an arm & a leg.

CitizenBBN
09-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Glad to see I'm not alone!

FWIW I stopped buying anything clothing b/c of the name on it somewhere around 8th grade, when I moved on from Izod and Member's Only. ;)

I own brand stuff, but that's not why I bought it. I sell designer stuff from time to time and it brings crazy money. Just not my scene. But I do have a growing collection of cool 1950s martini shakers, so to each his own.

blueboss
09-20-2018, 07:05 AM
Not ever on purpose. I usually buy Nike sneakers and I have a few Nike shirts and they may cross paths sometimes. More often than not, not.

I do have a couple of pair of Reebok sneakers but nothing else Reebok. Same with Adidas, Under Armor , Champion etc. I have a few shirts of those but really nothing to match them with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueboss
09-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Chilly 62 degrees today, CATS Nike T shirt with a long sleeved Columbia pull over, Levi’s and Nike sneakers.

CitizenBBN
09-22-2018, 01:16 PM
Chilly 62 degrees today, CATS Nike T shirt with a long sleeved Columbia pull over, Levi’s and Nike sneakers.

Good, if not great football weather. As long as the rain holds off.

KentuckyWildcat
09-22-2018, 02:33 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180922/ec7470ac5acc1fa48768f5016b228ce2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
09-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Where'd you get pics of me in high school? I thought they were all destroyed.

KentuckyWildcat
09-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Where'd you get pics of me in high school? I thought they were all destroyed.

The dark web