PDA

View Full Version : Rob Parker Apologizes

CattyWampus
12-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Rob Parker of ESPN has formally apologized (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/espn-commentator-regrets-rg3-race-rant-article-1.1223667) for what he said about RGIII. I've read and reread his "apology" and it seems to me it's more along the line of one of those "I'm sorry if I offended anyone" apologies. Instead of apologizing for being a racist and a race-baiter and then using his platform at ESPN to voice his animus, he uses this mea culpa as if it puts him in the clear: "The failure was in how I chose to discuss it on First Take, and in doing so, turned a productive conversation into a negative one. I regrettably introduced some points that I never should have and I completely understand the strong response to them. I blew it and I'm sincerely sorry."

Obviously, Rob Parker is the typical black Republican-hating low-information Obama voter who thinks everything should be measured by the color of one's skin. Otherwise, he would never have felt the need to say, "He's not real. He's black, he kind of does the thing. But he's not really down with the cause. He's not one of us. He's kinda black, but he's not really like the guy you really want to hang out with because he's off into something else." What Parker did and continues to do is attack a black man who in his mind has gone off the plantation. This is the same treatment that the Democrats and yes, the media, give to any black person who happens to espouse Conservative values. That treatment also extends to Conservative women. Conservative blacks and women are considered and treated like traitors to their race and/or gender.

Rush Limbaugh was fired from his ESPN gig because he spoke out about his feelings that Donovan McNabb was overrated and got a pass from sportswriters because they were anxious to see a black man succeed at quarterback. He tackled a taboo subject and was punished for it. ESPN's Tom Jackson was outraged and demanded that Rush be fired or else he would quit. Jackson called Rush a racist. I don't think Jackson has made any statement on the Parker stupidity. When Limbaugh tried to buy into the St. Louis Rams, it was vetoed because he was too "controversial".

Nowhere in Parker's "apology" does he ever say that he was wrong in thinking what he thinks. He only apologizes for saying what he thinks on the air. Does anyone really believe that Parker has seen the light and now thinks what he wrote in his "apology"? : "Robert Griffin III is a talented athlete who not only can do great things on the field, but off the field handles himself in a way we are all taught - with dignity, respect and pride."

Rob Parker got suspended for thirty days, but he'll probably make ten times his lost salary with speaking gigs before groups that support his brand of racism. Van Jones' Color Of Change has probably been busy securing Parker some speaking opportunities. Parker will end up with a pass, just as a member of the Congressional Black Caucus gets a pass every time he/she attacks a black Conservative for not being "black enough". I wonder if Parker thinks that Tim Scott, who was just appointed to Jim DeMint's Senate seat, is a cornball brother? If he thinks that, and he probably does, he'll probably not say it in public, that is, if he wants to go back on the air for ESPN.

badrose
12-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Well put.

CatinIL
12-21-2012, 08:59 AM
I find it kind of comical when you compare what he "said" on ESPN and what "he" wrote in his apology. The way "he speaks" is nothing like the way "he writes"...just sayin'

jazyd
12-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Could not have said it any better.

One thing I always remember about Rush and Jacksons sudden indignation, he said nothing while Rush made his statement but got angry only days later when the firestorm hit. I think at the moment Jackson knew Rush was telling the truth. And the real funny thing is when Rush got married this last time, a black minister who is a former NFL player was the minister who married them. They are very good friends and he calls into the show from time to time.

BigBluePappy
12-21-2012, 08:13 PM
I find it kind of comical when you compare what he "said" on ESPN and what "he" wrote in his apology. The way "he speaks" is nothing like the way "he writes"...just sayin'

This.