PDA

View Full Version : OK, this is my last straw. I quit

CitizenBBN
12-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Do we want to live in a nation where the federal government is so active in our lives this is the level of their influence?

http://www.local10.com/news/Judge-Feds-can-regulate-Hemingway-cats/-/1717324/17805646/-/1stetsz/-/index.html

When they try to regulate the cats of Key West, one of the last havens of 'live and let live' in our nation, I'm done. I"m going to try hard to not give a rat about things.

People coming to see cats at a house is "interstate commerce." May the Founders forgive us.

dan_bgblue
12-19-2012, 08:34 PM
That is imposing their will because they can and is an egregious infringement on the rights of the museum owners and the rights of the cats. Prior to the ruling the Cats were free to roam as they have for years, and now they are in prison thru no fault of their own.

The USDA issued a statement, saying: "The Museum invites and receives thousands of admission-paying visitors from beyond Florida, many of whom are drawn by the Museum’s reputation for and purposeful marketing of the Hemingway cats."

These are the same bleeping idiots that are spending millions trying to figure out how to limit methane emissions from ruminant animals.

Sorry CBBN, I know how much that town means to you.

jazyd
12-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Did you really expect less from a political party that says how much 'soda' you can drink and buy at one time? It is called another way to force you to give up freedoms and to tax you.

uklandrn
12-20-2012, 06:11 AM
You are better than me Citizen. I gave up caring about 9 years ago. Of course I had other reasons for this - but now with all the big government changes I think I made the right decision. I am sick of the regulations on my liberty. Yet - because it is so overwhelming I find myself completely tuning out to all of it. My goal is to get to retirement age - move to a small cabin in the backwoods of Montana - get myself satellite television so I can watch my Cats play - and DARE someone to bother me. A girl can dream!!

CitizenBBN
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
You are better than me Citizen. I gave up caring about 9 years ago. Of course I had other reasons for this - but now with all the big government changes I think I made the right decision. I am sick of the regulations on my liberty. Yet - because it is so overwhelming I find myself completely tuning out to all of it. My goal is to get to retirement age - move to a small cabin in the backwoods of Montana - get myself satellite television so I can watch my Cats play - and DARE someone to bother me. A girl can dream!!

I was out of it for a long time, but like Michael Corleone it sucked me back in. Gotta get out of it again.

The problem for me is my cabin in the woods was a conch house in Key West. They don't call it the Conch Republic for nothing, they're very libertarian and live and let live. Now the pinheads in Washington are showing up even there.

The folks at Hemmingway's house take good care of the cats, so why regulate anything? If someone reports a case of abuse there are plenty of state and local agencies to deal with it, now the federal government has even taken over the roll of dogcatcher?

So now the federal authority regulates your pets. My niece was really excited to come to Lexington and see our cat. Do I need to schedule my inspection?

badrose
12-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Another stone thrown into the pond to study the ripple effect.