PDA

View Full Version : ihob.....

Darrell KSR
06-11-2018, 09:50 AM
I hate it.

CitizenBBN
06-11-2018, 10:24 AM
I assume they hired the marketing people who came up with New Coke or the brainiacs who dropped the Colonel from the KFC branding.

b/c when you've spent decades and decades and spent tens of millions if not hundreds of millions to build up a brand, the thing you need to do next is radically alter or abandon that brand identification. I get they don't do pancakes only, but everyone knows "IHop".

Sometimes people are too clever for their own good.

Darrell KSR
06-11-2018, 11:51 AM
I heard somebody say that it stood for an employee mumbling under their breath, "I hate our business."

Darrell KSR
06-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Hysterical -- Wendy's twitter account was asked if they were just going to let ihob sell burgers on their block.

Wendy's Twitter responded:

"Not really afraid of the burgers from a place that decided pancakes were too hard."

Darrell KSR
06-11-2018, 12:14 PM
In reading an article on it, it appears that most restaurants will only change interior signage. Tells me this is a big publicity stunt. The outside will remain IHOP.

kingcat
06-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Strange

CitizenBBN
06-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Hysterical -- Wendy's twitter account was asked if they were just going to let ihob sell burgers on their block.

Wendy's Twitter responded:

"Not really afraid of the burgers from a place that decided pancakes were too hard."

Ouch. man whoever does the Wendy's account is really really good.

CitizenBBN
06-11-2018, 01:21 PM
In reading an article on it, it appears that most restaurants will only change interior signage. Tells me this is a big publicity stunt. The outside will remain IHOP.

IMO that's exactly what we'll see happen. I think they're jerking everyone's chain for the PR, but then again they may make the change and figure it's worth it for the PR they are getting. They are getting their 15 minutes in the internet-verse for the move.

Darrell KSR
06-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Keith Plummer
@XianMind
Just had a burger at IHOP. There's a reason it's not IHOB.

9:12pm · 18 Jun 2015 · Twitter for Android

dan_bgblue
06-13-2018, 12:47 PM
9:12pm · 18 Jun 2015 · Twitter for Android

:confused0007:

Darrell KSR
06-13-2018, 05:46 PM
Read the tweet again.

(It didn't age well).
:confused0007:

kingcat
06-13-2018, 10:20 PM
http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2018/06/pancake-king-ihob.jpg

Doc
06-14-2018, 12:42 PM
I assume they hired the marketing people who came up with New Coke or the brainiacs who dropped the Colonel from the KFC branding.

Or Vanderbilts Football's "We don't need your permission" campaign

Darrell KSR
06-14-2018, 02:45 PM

If that's not the worst of all-time (considering the timing), it's at least in the bottom 10.

CitizenBBN
06-14-2018, 02:58 PM
If that's not the worst of all-time (considering the timing), it's at least in the bottom 10.

Top 5 for sure. Bic pen famously did an ad campaign in spanish for their "get bic pens and don't make mistakes" slogan that, when translated, basically read as "get Bic pens and you wont' get pregnant". Hard to beat that one, or the Chevy "nova", which means "no go" in Spanish, but surely the Vandy one is top 5 ever.

dan_bgblue
07-09-2018, 08:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/07/09/ihop-admits-to-faking-ihob-name-change-for-publicity.html

CitizenBBN
07-09-2018, 09:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/07/09/ihop-admits-to-faking-ihob-name-change-for-publicity.html

I'd boycott them for being pretentious social media whores but I already refuse to eat there for lots of more important reasons.

Darrell KSR
07-09-2018, 09:32 PM
I'd boycott them for being pretentious social media whores but I already refuse to eat there for lots of more important reasons.

I probably eat there once or twice a year. Even have a gift card, I think. I'll use it, but will boycott after that.

TRUCKERCATFAN
07-11-2018, 11:35 AM
IHOB sucks. Now all my cheesy jokes about “one legged waitresses working at the IHOP will no longer make sense.

Darrell KSR
07-11-2018, 11:44 AM

Even though I figured it was fake and just a big publicity stunt, it irritates me they did this. My wife confirmed that we have a gift card, so I'll use that (I'm not going to let that convert to pure profit for them) and then boycott thereafter.

I don't think it's a bad place to eat for breakfast foods. Not the best. The pancakes are ok. I'd actually rather go to Waffle House to eat inexpensive breakfast food (hey, I like the atomosphere. I'm an ordinary guy; it suits me.). But I'll avoid it now.

suncat05
07-11-2018, 06:32 PM

Yeah, well, at least Vanderbilt has a win in football over Florida in the last several years.
Unlike another football team I know of, 31 losses in a row and counting.
I still can't believe that Stoops was stupid enough to lose a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter and caused us to lose to the worst Florida football team since the 70's.
By one damn point. ONE DAMN POINT! 😠

But I'm the one that's wrong because he can't coach! 😠

blueboss
07-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Yeah, well, at least Vanderbilt has a win in football over Florida in the last several years.
Unlike another football team I know of, 31 losses in a row and counting.
I still can't believe that Stoops was stupid enough to lose a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter and caused us to lose to the worst Florida football team since the 70's.
By one damn point. ONE DAMN POINT! 😠

But I'm the one that's wrong because he can't coach! 😠

I love us KY fans, only we can go from pancakes to Stoops sucks.lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suncat05
07-15-2018, 11:46 AM
I love us KY fans, only we can go from pancakes to Stoops sucks.lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was not intended to come out like that, but it just did.😉

dan_bgblue
11-27-2018, 09:05 AM
https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/why-ihop-is-still-laughing-all-the-way-to-bank-about-its-ihob-stunt

Darrell KSR
11-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Meh. It said it increased its burger sales significantly. I suspect most of those sales would have bought pancakes instead, likely a higher profit item than meat products.

Show me revenues, expenses before I'm convinced.

I don't know--I just hope that long-term, it hurts them.

CitizenBBN
11-27-2018, 07:36 PM
Meh. It said it increased its burger sales significantly. I suspect most of those sales would have bought pancakes instead, likely a higher profit item than meat products.

Show me revenues, expenses before I'm convinced.

I don't know--I just hope that long-term, it hurts them.

Your wisdom exceeds even your beauty. Maybe by more than a little. :671:

Brand cannibalization. You can't increase sales by taking away from your own products. There is a good counter to that point, b/c you'd rather cannibalize your own product line than let someone else introduce a product and cannibalize it themselves, but in this case like you I'm severely dubious people went to IHOB for a burger who otherwise would not have gone there, but if visits were declining and this leveled them out then maybe they have something.

There's something wrong with me that I find this stuff interesting.