PDA

View Full Version : Life's simple pleasures...finding out your optometrist is a UK alumnus

Darrell KSR
12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Ordinarily visiting the optometrist isn't on my list of most fun things to do during the day, but it was today. You guys that live in Kentucky must think I'm nuts, but it is a pleasure to be able to talk Kentucky sports with the medical provider. (She did not graduate from UK, but went there 3 years and graduated from UAB).

Kids' dentist--UK fan.
Son's soccer coach--UK fan.
Daughter's school volleyball coach and school athletic director--UK fan.
Daughter's club volleyball--UK fans (sent 2 players to play for UK)
My optometrist--UK fan.
Daughters' show choir director--UK fan.
Son's scout leader--UK fan.

That ain't bad for Birmingham.

dan_bgblue
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
You know how to pick them for sure. The medical providers in this area, regardless of specialty, are still learning to speak English fluently.

CitizenBBN
12-18-2012, 05:41 PM
You guys that live in Kentucky must think I'm nuts,

Yep, but it doesn't have anything to do with who you converse with....

blueboss
12-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Was this the same guy in the "54 minutes and still waiting thread"?

I had some spinal surgery fusion surgery in Louisville last winter in my cervical area, upon coming out of the surgery and still groggy from the the anesthesia my first question to my DR was UK or UL? and my second question was since Whitney Houston had just passed away was if the cadaver bones used in the fusion were hers. He answered he is a huge UK fan and no the bones weren't from Whitney.

I'm happy to say the surgery was a huge success and sadly I still can't sing.

Darrell KSR
12-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Was this the same guy in the "54 minutes and still waiting thread"?

No, she wasn't. In fact, one of the best experiences I have had. Waiting in the waiting room probably 5 minutes even her nurse/tech came out, asked me if I was doing ok, and said she could take me back in the exam room, or I could wait there if I was more comfortable. Offered to get me coffee and promised she would be right out to get me after they looked at my records. I stayed where I was, and in about 10 minutes, she came back to get me and we got started.

When I got to the doctor, we spent most of our time talking about UK. She said she was glad to speak to somebody "normal."

Very good experience.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Darrell KSR
12-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Here she is. Young 'un.

CitizenBBN
12-19-2012, 09:24 AM
I just found my new optometrist.

BigBluePappy
12-19-2012, 05:35 PM
What do you get, like eight exams a year?:671:

Darrell KSR
12-19-2012, 06:32 PM
I think it is important for your eye doctor to be easy on your eyes, no?

BigBluePappy
12-19-2012, 09:26 PM
She surely is that.

MickintheHam
12-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Here she is. Young 'un.

My optometrist went to Tulane. He's like most Tulane grads.....old and ugly!:happy0001:

blueboss
12-20-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm running with scissors in my hand as we speak.

Darrell KSR
12-21-2012, 01:39 PM
My optometrist went to Tulane. He's like most Tulane grads.....old and ugly!:happy0001:

I read that quote a few times, and tried to formulate an argument that might diffuse the truth of that statement, but failed. Miserably.

MickintheHam
12-24-2012, 06:31 AM
I read that quote a few times, and tried to formulate an argument that might diffuse the truth of that statement, but failed. Miserably.

Remember I said most, not all.

bigsky
12-24-2012, 03:45 PM
My opthomalogist is seventy, at least, and a Hoosier...as in IU on the walls. Good
Thing I don't see so well...