PDA

View Full Version : Time to wave goodbye to your final remaining freedoms

ColonelSteve
12-17-2012, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N4CT4boLPrU

Doc
12-17-2012, 10:15 PM
So he stated that if there were violations of the existing laws, those violating them would be investigated and prosecuted. So exactly what is it that we are waving goodbye to? Is it the freedom to violate the laws without repercussions?

ColonelSteve
12-17-2012, 10:19 PM
So he stated that if there were violations of the existing laws, those violating them would be investigated and prosecuted. So exactly what is it that we are waving goodbye to? Is it the freedom to violate the laws without repercussions?

How is reporting false information a crime? If you make a mistake, you make a mistake, it's a violation of your freedom of speech and the freedom of the press

Doc
12-17-2012, 10:28 PM
You need to rewatch the video. He stated that if you violate the laws already in existence, then you will be prosecuted. There is no suggestion of removing any right to which you already have.

CitizenBBN
12-17-2012, 10:32 PM
You don't have the right to yell "fire" in a theater. If someone did something equivalent to that it's not a violation of speech.

I don't know if that's the case here or not. I'd need to see what someone is prosecuted for saying before I'd have an opinion either way.

They also need to look at the media themselves, who disseminated vast quantities of misinformation in this process.

ColonelSteve
12-17-2012, 10:36 PM
You don't have the right to yell "fire" in a theater. If someone did something equivalent to that it's not a violation of speech.

They also need to look at the media themselves, who disseminated vast quantities of misinformation in this process.

If you question this scene other than the official report then the feds will come after you...that is what the Newtown Mayor said...if you ask "How a kid could be allowed in that school with all those weapons" or "How could the kid break in with just the handguns yet have two other rifles hiding and waiting for him in the school and that go unnoticed?" or "What happened to the reports of multiple shooters?" in their eyes, you are breaking the law and they will come after you...THAT is a violations of your basic rights

Doc
12-17-2012, 10:52 PM
based on the link, it wasn't the Newtown Mayor but rather a spokesman for the police department. All they are saying is existing laws would be enforced. I thought that was one of the guidelines of the NRA's handbook--enforce existing laws, or does that only work for gun advocates? As a citizen, I would hope that the job of any police department is the enforcement of the laws in existence. One of my problems with the government/current administration is the selective application of laws. If this department wants to enforce the laws in existence, laws voted on by elected legislators, then I'm fine with it. None of what you suggested in the above post is even remotely addressed in the video.

ColonelSteve
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
based on the link, it wasn't the Newtown Mayor but rather a spokesman for the police department. All they are saying is existing laws would be enforced. I thought that was one of the guidelines of the NRA's handbook--enforce existing laws, or does that only work for gun advocates? As a citizen, I would hope that the job of any police department is it he enforcement of the laws in existence. One of my problems with the government/current administration is the selective application of laws. If this department wants to enforce the laws in existence, laws voted on by elected legislators, then I'm fine with it. None of what you suggested in the above post is even remotely addressed in the video.

That was said on Friday...trying to find the quote now but that's proven difficult since I dont remember the exact quote