PDA

View Full Version : This time next year I hope........

suncat05
12-12-2012, 09:24 AM
That we're going to be talking about whichever post-season bowl game that Kentucky is invited to play in!

Okay, enough of the excitement for now. I'm still waiting to see what our new coaches are going to do, if indeed anything can be done to improve our situation.

Darrell KSR
12-12-2012, 09:41 AM
I hope my expectations are not too high, but I'm hoping for six wins next season. That will be tough--3-1 in out of conference, and finding 3 SEC wins?

Probably 5 wins is more likely.

SalsaKat
12-12-2012, 10:07 AM
It will be tough but not out of the realm of possibility. This roster has enough talent to go .500 with the proper coaching, which is something we very much did not have the past few years. As I say frequently, "cautious optimism" is synonymous with "UK football".

Catfan73
12-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I think we had the talent THIS year to have gone to a bowl but not the effort from the staff to get us there. 6-6 is a very reasonable goal for next year IMO, and with this staff that is my expectation. I won't be too upset if we don't get there right away, but I think we'll surprise some people that think UK football is dead and buried.

Darrell KSR
12-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I can see six wins, but don't expect it.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

suncat05
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
I can see six wins, but don't expect it.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.
I'm a wishin'! Of course, as per usual, I would not be surprised if we do not win at least 6 games either. Like I've previously stated, I will stand back and observe.
I need to see it with my own two eyes.

BigBluePappy
12-12-2012, 05:41 PM
suncat, I am in the same boat as you but I truly thought, until we opened up flat as a pancake again, that we could win more games this past season.
I actually got physically ill when we laid the egg against WKU and it never got better.
This year, if they ain't winning, you can bet it won't be for lack of effort or coaching; I think a reckoning is a comin'.
I'm getting giddy thinking about next year!

suncat05
12-12-2012, 09:24 PM
I hope you're right Pappy!

Stoop Dogg
12-16-2012, 11:26 AM
This looks like a good place to make my first post on KSR... and spread a bit of optimism:

"Stoops WILL win six games his first year and take us to a bowl"... that's my prediction. :party0002:

Dogsoldier202
12-16-2012, 11:31 AM
I can see us getting wins against WKU, Miami, Bama State and UT. We will have to find two more in the SEC. We get Mizzou at home. That may be 5. Hard to find the 6th.

suncat05
12-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Coach Stoops & Company have their hands full, especially with a group of players who just did not seem to play with much emotion and fire. Maybe that had something to do with the previous coaching staff, but I am still of the opinion that a lot of our current players are just not tough enough and are mentally weak, just satisfied to play in the SEC, not motivated enough to want to win.
I have said many times that these Kentucky players do not have enough "want to". There is talent there, not sure if there is enough fire inside the gray matter between most of their ears.
JMHO.
I just hope this change in coaching staff, and team philosophy will make a difference. But until then, I'll just sit back and see how this plays out. If the players will not do what they're coached to do, then Coach Stoops needs to clear out the dead weight and bring in players that want to work hard and win games. Again, JMHO.

suncat05
12-16-2012, 12:03 PM
This looks like a good place to make my first post on KSR... and spread a bit of optimism:

"Stoops WILL win six games his first year and take us to a bowl"... that's my prediction. :party0002:

So glad you decided to join us over here! It's a great site with MANY GOOD FOLKS! No "Carl's" over here! Hope you like it here!

Catfan73
12-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Love the name!

Stoop Dogg
12-16-2012, 06:54 PM
So glad you decided to join us over here! It's a great site with MANY GOOD FOLKS! No "Carl's" over here! Hope you like it here!

Yeah... definitely a great place to get away from Carl (aka BB4L). I can get along with most people on the left, but that guy is so far to the extreme left... he makes Liberals look like Conservatives. Truth be told... I think he's in a party all to himself.

Yep... I can almost hear that restaurant hostess now, when his table is ready... "Carl, party for one"... "Carl, party for one" :sign0141:

:backtotopic:

Darrell KSR
12-17-2012, 11:34 AM
I forgot to mention...I love the name, too.

Stoop Dogg
12-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Much obliged Darrell :trink39:

blueboss
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
I like the Big Blue Door too.