PDA

View Full Version : Official Olympic thread

Doc
02-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Im stoked as I love the Olympics. I prefer the winter over summer. Sitting bere watching Curling. USA up on the Swiss. Got to give the women the advantage in this sport since they definately are the better sweepers

Doc
02-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Curling and mens figure skating tonight.

I think the skater is gay.....not that there is anything wrong with that !

CitizenBBN
02-08-2018, 07:58 PM
They gave out something like 40 condoms per athlete at these games. For about two weeks of time there. I'll be surprised if they will be able to walk straight by this weekend. Not sure if this is the Olympics or well financed college road trip. :)

Doc
02-08-2018, 08:13 PM
The men are crashing and burning. They have spent.more time on an ass than Pitino in Porcini's

Doc
02-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Now they got skiing. Mogals...damn, I wish I could ski like that...and Im a decent skier

Darrell KSR
02-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Watching ice skating. Just got home a few minutes ago and didn't realize it was on.

CitizenBBN
02-08-2018, 09:07 PM
Now they got skiing. Mogals...damn, I wish I could ski like that...and Im a decent skier

When i want to watch skiing I cue up my copy of Hot Dog The Movie.

Doc
02-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Doing downhill now. Them mofo's are crazy

Doc
02-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Russia is to the Olympics what UNC-CH is to the NCAA

MickintheHam
02-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Russia is to the Olympics what UNC-CH is to the NCAA

I love the winter olympics, but if they leave that damn Couric and Tirico on every night, it will drastically reduce how much I can watch.

Catfan73
02-10-2018, 08:54 AM
When do they do this?

Jerry Seinfeld:
The luge is the only Olympic event where you could have people competing in it against their will, and it would look exactly the same. Take people off the street, "Hey, hey, hey, what is this?! I don't wanna be in the luge!" Once you put that helmet on them, "You're in the luge, buddy!" "aaaAAAaaaAAAaaaAAA...aaaAAAAA..." World record. Didn't even wanna do it. I'd like to see that next Olympics, the Involuntary Luge.

MickintheHam
02-10-2018, 10:00 AM
When do they do this?

Jerry Seinfeld:
The luge is the only Olympic event where you could have people competing in it against their will, and it would look exactly the same. Take people off the street, "Hey, hey, hey, what is this?! I don't wanna be in the luge!" Once you put that helmet on them, "You're in the luge, buddy!" "aaaAAAaaaAAAaaaAAA...aaaAAAAA..." World record. Didn't even wanna do it. I'd like to see that next Olympics, the Involuntary Luge.

Or the skeleton.

I would be the first to nominate Couric for the Involuntary luge. Send her down without a helmet.

Darrell KSR
02-10-2018, 10:15 PM
I hope we get to see the cheerleading competition. I think it's an exhibition competition this year, with 7 countries competing--of course, including Team USA, which is the University of Kentucky cheerleading team.

That will be incredibly cool. It is incredibly cool.

blueboss
02-11-2018, 03:09 AM
They gave out something like 40 condoms per athlete at these games. For about two weeks of time there. I'll be surprised if they will be able to walk straight by this weekend. Not sure if this is the Olympics or well financed college road trip. :)

Hard night on the slopes, makes for a good day on the slopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueboss
02-12-2018, 02:34 PM
I posted this on the premium board, but I guess it should be over here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCSport/status/962625908598366209/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yardbarker.com%2Folympics %2Farticles%2Fspeedskaters_have_medal_decided_by_i ncredible_photo_finish%2Fs1_127_25681523

blueboss
02-12-2018, 02:43 PM
I love the winter olympics, but if they leave that damn Couric and Tirico on every night, it will drastically reduce how much I can watch.

Katie Couric proclaimed that the reason the Dutch are such good speed skaters is because it’s such an important mode of transportation in the Netherlands...

I swear...

MickintheHam
02-12-2018, 07:09 PM
The women’s speed skating unis are unbelievable! I have never seen a target on the crotch before!

CitizenBBN
02-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Katie Couric proclaimed that the reason the Dutch are such good speed skaters is because it’s such an important mode of transportation in the Netherlands...

I swear...

they have to hurry between windmills and those wood shoes and cobblestone streets really wear them out in the summer, so in the winter they go to the speed skates.

Morons.

CitizenBBN
02-12-2018, 07:24 PM
The women’s speed skating unis are unbelievable! I have never seen a target on the crotch before!

I have some movies I can loan you...

blueboss
02-12-2018, 07:42 PM

The crotch is the target.

CitizenBBN
02-12-2018, 07:43 PM
BTW, her full quote is even more embarrassing. she claimed it was important in Amsterdam in winter when the canals freeze. That's wrong on so many levels the people of Amsterdam all had to go to a hash bar to calm down...

But that beats the guy who credited Korean economic infrastructure on pre-Korean War Japanese occupation and vicious repression, or the giant love fest with North Korea that has given them more good PR than they could have dreamed possible despite being so evil they really are on a level with hitler and Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot.

So NBC is doing a great job of showing just how completely DUMB AS ROCKS these TV personas really are, so remember that when they go to explain the economy next week. :)

Doc
02-12-2018, 09:52 PM

I swear...

And I thought they all walked eveywhere in wooden shoes

Doc
02-12-2018, 09:54 PM

You should see the Iranain ones. They have a camel foot, complete with toes

Darrell KSR
02-13-2018, 01:11 PM
I'm a curling fan.

Russian curler....Anastasia Bryzgalova

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVf_WMkU0AEDXjs.jpg:large

blueboss
02-13-2018, 01:41 PM
I'm a curling fan.

Russian curler....Anastasia Bryzgalova

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVf_WMkU0AEDXjs.jpg:large

Push the rock!

KSRBEvans
02-13-2018, 01:53 PM
:confused0053:

blueboss
02-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Shaun White wins the gold medal in dual with an Aussie, and a Japanese kid. It takes his 3rd and final run to over take the Japanese laying down a 97.75.

blueboss
02-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Anyone been watching?

Doc
02-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Olympic hockey much better than NHL due to the increase surface area. The Olympics is played on a much larger rink and opens up the play

MickintheHam
02-18-2018, 10:15 PM
You should see the Iranain ones. They have a camel foot, complete with toes

That is outrageous!!

Doc
02-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Russians get nailed again for doping...this time it was their CURLING team. Who dopes for curling? Its shuffle board on ice.

CitizenBBN
02-19-2018, 04:12 PM
Russians get nailed again for doping...this time it was their CURLING team. Who dopes for curling? Its shuffle board on ice.

Heard some Matt jones today, they were laughing, rightfully, at why someone in curling is doping. It's nuts. I could compete in curling just fine in my current state if I were any good at it.

KSRBEvans
02-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Olympic hockey much better than NHL due to the increase surface area. The Olympics is played on a much larger rink and opens up the play

I become a hockey fan every 4 years. Really enjoyed the US-Finland women's and US-Slovakia men's matches the last couple of nights (especially because the US thumped both opponents), but I enjoy watching all the teams play.

Did you see the 2-man bobsled results? Germany and Canada tied for the gold, having the exact same time down the hundredth of a second after 4 runs total.

Doc
02-21-2018, 08:33 PM
I enjoh both the short track speed skating and the ream pursuit skating. But probably my favorate is the snkwvoarding where 4 are going down the hill the same time. Thats crazy cool

Doc
02-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Womens Canada vs USA hockey gold medal game tonjght at 11 should be a heck of a game

Darrell KSR
02-22-2018, 06:55 AM
Womens Canada vs USA hockey gold medal game tonjght at 11 should be a heck of a gameI missed it, but saw the results!

KSRBEvans
02-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Watched the 1st period but had to go to bed. Saw the winning goal on replay this morning--wow.

KSRBEvans
02-22-2018, 08:51 AM
BTW, I may be in the minority, but I'm enjoying the NBS Sports app to watch everything. We have DirectTV Now but the local NBC affiliate isn't on their lineup so we have to use the app to watch the Olympics, and it's working well for us. I can see everything that's live and also on-demand replays (like last night's match).

Darrell KSR
02-22-2018, 10:30 AM
Game winner by Jocelyne Lamoureux.

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DWn0BtmW4AAPlun.mp4

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/689983509616795649/s0uJ_kmX_400x400.jpg

catmanjack
02-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Wow hot hockey player and has all her teeth!